Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM

12 posts, read 69,583 times

Advertisements

My girlfrind and I are thinking of relocateing to the twin cities area for new jobs. We are looking for a newer apartment that is close to both Minneapolis and St. Paul (since she will be workng in Minneapolis and I will be working in St. Paul). What areas of the cities or suburbs would be good to look in that would be an easy commute for both of us? Like I said we are looking for a newer apartment building in a nice area, preferably 2 bedroom. if you have specific apartment names that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:49 PM

638 posts, read 3,124,801 times
Try looking around University Avenue right where the 2 cities meet. There's been a lot of buildings going up there (some condos, some rentals); but I have no idea about the prices or names (haven't paid attention to rental property).

Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM

44 posts, read 186,176 times
trying looking at roseville or newbrighton, they are both very close to both cities. there are many brand new condos and apartments in both cities. both have low crime rates and your only 10 minutes from either downtown so these two suburbs i think would fit your needs the best. also the person who wrote university as a good location is not a good idea. university has to much crime.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:24 PM

20 posts, read 264,997 times
Does anyone know anything about Owatonna, MN? I might be relocating their after the New Year and I've never been to Minnesota even though I live in Missouri right now. Kansas City is a fairly big city for the midwest but I know nothing about Minnesota, except it can get quite cold with lots of snow! LOL

Old 09-13-2009, 03:32 PM

99 posts, read 327,575 times
I'm considering a paralegal program at Hamline University for the Spring 2010 semester, and would like to find an affordable apartment either in St. Paul, or in one of the surrounding communities. It would have to be in a racially diverse area as well. I have been to New Brighton (2006), and thought that it seemed like a pretty good town, but I'm not too familiar with the other communities in Ramsey County. (New Brighton's in Ramsey County, correct?) I'm looking for a 1 BR, and would consider an efficiency, if its roomy enough.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:29 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,745,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ1977 View Post
I'm considering a paralegal program at Hamline University for the Spring 2010 semester, and would like to find an affordable apartment either in St. Paul, or in one of the surrounding communities. It would have to be in a racially diverse area as well. I have been to New Brighton (2006), and thought that it seemed like a pretty good town, but I'm not too familiar with the other communities in Ramsey County. (New Brighton's in Ramsey County, correct?) I'm looking for a 1 BR, and would consider an efficiency, if its roomy enough.
I don't know enough about New Brighton to comment, but what about the neighborhood right around Hamline? What, besides racially diverse and in or near St. Paul, do you want out of a neighborhood/city? More specifics would help. Personally, though, I'd just stick close to campus.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:06 PM

99 posts, read 327,575 times
I'm looking for neighborhoods and cities with parks, lakes, and plenty of colleges and universities. I also love libraries; I enjoy sitting down and reading my newspapers the old fashioned way: by hand...lol. I'm not too picky about things, but I would like to live by one of the light rail lines that your area has been constructing. I think that it would be cool to ride one of them. BTW, I used to drive city buses down here during the mid-2000s, and love talking about busing, subways, and light rail lines. Needless to say, I kind of miss that life. As far as city taxes are concerned, I don't mind being taxed heavily, if it helps the schools, or improves the overall quality-of-life of the citizenry, and not to enrich the politicians. That's it, for now. Maybe I'll think of something else later.

Last edited by JTJ1977; 09-16-2009 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: misspelled words

Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,594,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ1977 View Post
I'm looking for neighborhoods and cities with parks, lakes, and plenty of colleges and universities. I also love libraries; I enjoy sitting down and reading my newspapers the old fashioned way: by hand...lol. I'm not too picky about things, but I would like to live by one of the light rail lines that your area has been constructing. I think that it would be cool to ride one of them. BTW, I used to drive city buses down here during the mid-2000s, and love talking about busing, subways, and light rail lines. Needless to say, I kind of miss that life. As far as city taxes are concerned, I don't mind being taxed heavily, if it helps the schools, or improves the overall quality-of-life of the citizenry, and not to enrich the politicians. That's it, for now. Maybe I'll think of something else later.
Based on what you've said, I think you'd like the Merriam Park neighborhood in St Paul. There are some affordable apartments along Marshall, Selby and Snelling Avenues. There is a branch library on Marshall. Transit service is relatively good, with easy connections to the LRT Station on Lake St. Hamline University is within 1-2 miles of most of Merriam Park. Great little shops on the above-mentioned streets and lots of students from St. Thomas, Concordia, Hamline and MacAlester Colleges living in that area. I'd also recommend Mac-Groveland (the neighborhood to the south) but apts there are more pricey and you said affordable.

Don't know your age, but if you are college age, I would think you'd feel isolated in New Brighton or other burbs.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM

67 posts, read 149,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averageMOjoe View Post
Does anyone know anything about Owatonna, MN? I might be relocating their after the New Year and I've never been to Minnesota even though I live in Missouri right now. Kansas City is a fairly big city for the midwest but I know nothing about Minnesota, except it can get quite cold with lots of snow! LOL
Owatonna is very small and not apart of the twin cities
The twin cities has the biggest mall of MOA

Old 09-26-2009, 12:04 PM

182 posts, read 512,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averageMOjoe View Post
Owatonna is a journey from MPLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul