Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 04:08 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,478,494 times

Advertisements

Nothing?

Old 11-17-2015, 04:47 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,746,561 times
don't jack with the cops?

Old 11-17-2015, 04:55 PM

520 posts, read 777,803 times
Nobody knows exactly what happened. It would be inappropriate to jump to conclusions and/or suggest otherwise.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:14 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,665,687 times
You know, I was supportive of the BLM movement until I saw video of them burning the American flag outside of the police precinct on the news last night. I kept thinking to myself why? What purpose does that serve? Are we not all Americans? Is Black Lives Matter now aligning with ISIS?? What the heck!
It makes absolutely no sense and turns off a lot of people to their cause, black, white, hispanic etc. that are proud to be American. Maybe they could go live in Syria if they hate this country so much. We all get upset about injustice and inequity's in this country, but what a completely disgusting display!
And blocking a freeway. Sure, a good way to get attention to your cause, but this could have easily injured or killed drivers and protesters alike. It's simply a very dangerous way to make a point, possibly killing someone going about their own business because someone else was killed by police. Not very well thought out.

Last edited by Minnesota Spring; 11-17-2015 at 05:24 PM..

Old 11-17-2015, 06:18 PM

119 posts, read 145,310 times
Given the degree to which most political issues are cast in ideological terms, it pays to separate the activists from the issues. In other words, who cares if a few hillbillies burnt flags for cheap camera time (though it's weak sauce, it's a far cry from ISIS, btw). Likewise, who cares about police apologists forever justifying the unjustifiable.

There is a clear trend, going back centuries, of excessive and disproportionate force being used against black people in this country. The early reports do suggest he was unarmed when shot in the head, possibly while handcuffed.

Will people overact? Yes! Is that worse than pretending a crime didn't happen? I'm inclined to find the latter worse than former.

Last edited by montymontage; 11-17-2015 at 07:32 PM..

Old 11-17-2015, 09:05 PM

40 posts, read 62,441 times
I am willing to give the police the benefit of the doubt until it is proven otherwise. Don't assault someone and attack the responding EMTs if you don't want to get shot by police .

The BLM movement is just another step in dividing people and is racist in nature. The problem is deeper than the big evil white man trying to get the black man down.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:05 PM

520 posts, read 777,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
You know, I was supportive of the BLM movement until I saw video of them burning the American flag outside of the police precinct on the news last night. I kept thinking to myself why? What purpose does that serve? Are we not all Americans? Is Black Lives Matter now aligning with ISIS?? What the heck!
It makes absolutely no sense and turns off a lot of people to their cause, black, white, hispanic etc. that are proud to be American. Maybe they could go live in Syria if they hate this country so much. We all get upset about injustice and inequity's in this country, but what a completely disgusting display!
And blocking a freeway. Sure, a good way to get attention to your cause, but this could have easily injured or killed drivers and protesters alike. It's simply a very dangerous way to make a point, possibly killing someone going about their own business because someone else was killed by police. Not very well thought out.
BLM is a joke. They're a bunch of whiny narcissists that couldn't articulate the point of their existence if George Soros paid them to.

I would love to support a group that truly valued the lives of any vulnerable population. BLM does nothing of the sort. Never mind that they disregard black lives that are lost in fires and to gang wars. If they really cared about black lives, they would tell young black men to not fight with the police.

Again, we don't have any of the facts in this particular case and neither does BLM. Does anyone remember the witness accounts in the Michael Brown case? That's pretty much where this all started.

What's more disturbing than the group's existence is the eagerness of people to embrace it...

Old 11-17-2015, 10:32 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,102,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Nothing?
What's to say? Another unarmed man (of color) terrorized by police, more promises of a thorough investigation that will yield no consequences for the terrorists that ended his life, another grieving family, and the right-wing apologists make their semi-regular pilgrimage from out of the woodwork.

Nothing to see here. Move along....

...back into your apartments, NOW!

Old 11-17-2015, 10:35 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,102,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper89 View Post
I am willing to give the police the benefit of the doubt until it is proven otherwise. Don't assault someone and attack the responding EMTs if you don't want to get shot by police .

The BLM movement is just another step in dividing people and is racist in nature. The problem is deeper than the big evil white man trying to get the black man down.
Yup. Let's give the police the benefit of the doubt when they shoot a man point blank in the head.

In no other profession do we so regularly excuse people from potentially not doing their jobs correctly. When teachers can't raise test scores, you don't give them the "benefit of the doubt," you harangue their union, question their skills, call for their ousting, etc.

But a police officer shooting a man in the head (which ideally would never happen, and in practicality should only happen in the very, very rarest of frequency)?

Doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Not even a speculative glance.

Give them the benefit of the doubt, you say. I got news for you: giving them the "benefit of the doubt" is why this continues to happen...

Old 11-17-2015, 11:07 PM

40 posts, read 62,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmn View Post
Yup. Let's give the police the benefit of the doubt when they shoot a man point blank in the head.

In no other profession do we so regularly excuse people from potentially not doing their jobs correctly. When teachers can't raise test scores, you don't give them the "benefit of the doubt," you harangue their union, question their skills, call for their ousting, etc.

But a police officer shooting a man in the head (which ideally would never happen, and in practicality should only happen in the very, very rarest of frequency)?

Doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Not even a speculative glance.

Give them the benefit of the doubt, you say. I got news for you: giving them the "benefit of the doubt" is why this continues to happen...

Yeah, because the narrative really is that it was a blind execution.

We have a convicted felon with a history of violence that attacked EMTs just doing their job. I guess you figure they should just take that in stride. Who cares, for he is black and you cannot use force on them in our racist egalitarian society, even when they are attempting to make it so other people might not go home to their families. **** Jamar Clark. His parents should of raised a child that didn't rob people and assault them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul