Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 08:31 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,072,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post

I think we may have lucked out. It turns out the company my husband works for has a site in Roseville! That area seems a bit expensive, so hopefully we can find something affordable near by, but if he can transfer that will make things a million times easier and a lot less stressful. He is going to look into other companies too just to keep his options open.

THAT ... would be a major game changer for you. Many, many more options on many levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 10:35 AM

1,704 posts, read 3,446,314 times
Quote:
I think we may have lucked out. It turns out the company my husband works for has a site in Roseville! That area seems a bit expensive, so hopefully we can find something affordable near by, but if he can transfer that will make things a million times easier and a lot less stressful. He is going to look into other companies too just to keep his options open.
Great news! Roseville schools are quite good. You might look at housing in Lauderdale and Falcon Heights, or St. Anthony Park and Midway in St. Paul.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:53 AM

391 posts, read 660,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
Great news! Roseville schools are quite good. You might look at housing in Lauderdale and Falcon Heights, or St. Anthony Park and Midway in St. Paul.
Also Como Park in St. Paul -more expensive than Midway, but cheaper than St. Anthony Park. Pretty suburban feel for a bigger city, albeit with the older homes and smaller city lots… and very close to Roseville.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:36 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,809,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
THAT ... would be a major game changer for you. Many, many more options on many levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVegas View Post
Also Como Park in St. Paul -more expensive than Midway, but cheaper than St. Anthony Park. Pretty suburban feel for a bigger city, albeit with the older homes and smaller city lots… and very close to Roseville.
It is exciting! His company does lots of different things though and we haven't looked into exactly what this site does yet or if they're hiring or will be soon, but it is good they are there. His boss will speak highly of him, so if there is a spot open a transfer should work out.

Thank you all for the neighborhood and school suggestions. I'll be looking into them!

Old 01-23-2015, 04:47 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
It is exciting! His company does lots of different things though and we haven't looked into exactly what this site does yet or if they're hiring or will be soon, but it is good they are there. His boss will speak highly of him, so if there is a spot open a transfer should work out.

Thank you all for the neighborhood and school suggestions. I'll be looking into them!
CIA, eh?

Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,809,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
CIA, eh?
Ha ha ha. I couldn't tell you if it was .

Old 01-23-2015, 06:52 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,709,784 times
The good news is there are lots of nice safe suburbs within 30 minutes of either Minneapolis or St. Paul. Thing many people notice about the Twin Cities is that there are very few truly bad places to live in the suburbs and very few truly ridiculously elite places to live as well. In some ways it's somewhat similar to the Phoenix area except there is probably a deeper culture and heritage in Minneapolis and St. Paul than in the city of Phoenix.

I went to college near Roseville and in my mind that area is the most convenient place in the Twin Cities to both Minneapolis and St. Paul. I know that the mounds view school district is very highly regarded in that area but Roseville is probably going to have slightly more affordable housing then some of the communities in the Mounds View district.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:03 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,774,134 times
Quote:
That's awesome that they've adjusted well and love their schools. Mine are so young, I don't think they'll have an issue adjusting.

We are moving because Arizona has very low education standards and ranks consistently at the bottom. We are also tired of the heat and don't have much in common with people here. Thanks for your input .
You'll likely like it here then! I'm a Minnesota girl, gone Phoenix area for 6.5 years and yes schools here are much better and the people are too!! Just the weather part might be a factor to consider if you don't like cold.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:58 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,312,168 times
Roseville is fine. The school is enormous. My cousins all went there. I think Mounds View is a better school, but homes in that district are more expensive. If your husband works in Roseville, it's probably easiest to live in Roseville. Many of my extended family live in and around Shoreview, and I lived there for a year. It's a nice area but maybe the most "suburban" out of anywhere in the Twin Cities. However, most people don't really care about that. Roseville proper doesn't seem very expensive to me, but I don't know what your budget is. I actually own a house in Arizona (Tucson). I used to go there during the winters but now I rent it out to my brother. AFAIK there's a lot of retired folks from Roseville who go to AZ in the winter, so you might have something in common with your neighbors.

Last edited by rzzzz; 01-27-2015 at 12:06 AM..

Old 02-04-2015, 08:38 AM

752 posts, read 567,124 times
Quote:
"We are also tired of the heat and don't have much in common with people here."
But look on the bright side: at least you aren't interned in the unctuous carny-camp known as Florida. The heat is dry, and from what I've seen, Arizonans aren't nearly as vapid as Floridians -- just paranoid and really, really, angry. Of course, a few years back a friend of a friend visited from Scottsdale, and he seemed fairly on-the-level. The only thing that surprised me was his complexion -- we were camping in late-August, and he was by far the palest of the group. I guess I'd just assumed you'd get a tan walking to the mailbox in Arizona. Or do most people confine themselves to environments with AC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul