Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 12:46 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,235,874 times

Advertisements

Somebody was shot in the bathroom of the Franklin Community Library yesterday.

It sounds like the person that was shot was just a random robbery victim and is now paralyzed.

Man shot in back, paralyzed in Mpls. library bathroom; suspect at large | StarTribune.com

Robbery Unit Commander speaks on shooting at library - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 04:19 PM

83 posts, read 130,737 times
In the article it said the victim had a backpack and was brushing his teeth. It sounds like he may have been homeless. It's too bad that libraries have to serve as shelters - though I don't mind that they do - I just wish we had more/better facilities for the homeless. Or a system that didn't allow persons to fall into homelessness.

The location of this shooting makes it all the more horrific. Libraries should be sanctuaries.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip_shakespeare View Post
In the article it said the victim had a backpack and was brushing his teeth. It sounds like he may have been homeless. It's too bad that libraries have to serve as shelters - though I don't mind that they do - I just wish we had more/better facilities for the homeless. Or a system that didn't allow persons to fall into homelessness.

The location of this shooting makes it all the more horrific. Libraries should be sanctuaries.
It is a corrupt society. And I won't be shocked if voters give it their endorsement in November. After all, who sees themselves in that homeless person? If we all considered that life as a realistic future for ourselves, I don't think we could vote in any of the crooks that win elections.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,235,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip_shakespeare View Post
In the article it said the victim had a backpack and was brushing his teeth. It sounds like he may have been homeless.
The Star Tribune confirmed that the victim is a 42 year old homeless man who emigrated from Sudan about two years ago.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
The Star Tribune confirmed that the victim is a 42 year old homeless man who emigrated from Sudan about two years ago.
Classic Star Trib, no description of the shooter.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM

643 posts, read 1,038,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Classic Star Trib, no description of the shooter.
Der?

Police release photos of man suspected of shooting man in Mpls. library | StarTribune.com

Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
My question is "why the library"? I don't say this believing that shootings should happen in other places. I believe that shootings should stop, period. However, as long as I've been alive, libraries have been among the safest places I've been in my life. If I wanted a safe place to hide out, the library was on the top of the list of places to be safe. This is why this shocks me so much. A library in Minneapolis. I have heard nothing like that ever happen in Atlanta, and Atlanta has a much worse murder rate. So far a Minneapolis library to have this kind of violence makes me wonder "Why"?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,194,450 times
Maybe it was an avid Tablet fan?

The other place I think NOTHING bad should ever happen and should be completely safe is a church/synogogue/mosque.....Whether or not that's true I personally feel incredibly safe there.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:58 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Maybe it was an avid Tablet fan?

The other place I think NOTHING bad should ever happen and should be completely safe is a church/synogogue/mosque.....Whether or not that's true I personally feel incredibly safe there.
I feel very safe in church too. It doesn't shock me AS MUCH with bad things happening in churches because churches have been burned to the ground.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,824 times
Thanks very much for all your sympathy. The man you guys are sympathizing is me, MacDa Salim Abdullahi. Thanks God, I am still alive though my all life has got broken and become useless. The gunshot got my spinal cord and left me paralyzed. However, not only I will be paralyzed for the rest of my life but the plan to kill me still is on, for the reason I don't know and keep trying to figure out. Of course I was and still homeless. If anyone wants to help me is to meet with me and especially help me find out why I got shot and why I am still wanted for death. I have got three daughters in Atlanta,GA. I don't know how they are and how they will be after my death. I am currently at Courage Center for Rehabilitation on 3915 Golden Valley Road, Minneapolis, MN 55422. Tel:763-520-0303.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul