Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 04:49 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times

Advertisements

I'm going to mineapolis for two days for work. Today and tommorow, wondering if anyone had some good recomdations for restaurants and things to do and things to see around town. I'm 25 if that matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,342,916 times
Seeing how its nearly the end of the workday and no-one has responded I suppose I'll give a brief listing. I'm guessing the reason no-one has contributed anything is that this topic comes up fairly regularly and there should be prior several posts on what to see and do.

Places I'd recommend:

Mpls riverfront: Walk (jog or rent a bike) along the riverfront. Check out the view from the Guthrie Theater's Endless Bridge (open to the public--you don't need a ticket), check out the St Anthony Falls from the Stone Arch Bridge. Walk over to the east side (Main Street), maybe have a drink at Nye's polonaise Room or pizza at Pizza Nea or Punch, or a Cossack Sandwich at Kramercyks (all on East Hennepin)...

Mpls Uptown: Drive, bike or walk around Lake Calhoun, then head east on Lake Street toward Hennepin. Check out books at Magers & Quinn (a great indy bookshop) along Hennepin midblock south of Lake, or check CD's at Cheapo (that's what I would have done when I was 25, 'course that was before ITunes...oh well...). Continue east along Lake. Either check out Bryant lake Bowl (at Bryant) or have a saki at Moto-I, or a microbrew at Herkimer.

Downtown: Check out The IDS Center Crystal Court, have lunch at the top of Macy's (great salad bar at the Skyroom on 12th floor, with half-way decent view), consider Brits Pub (Lawn bowling) or The Local on Nicollet Mall. See if there's anyone interesting playing at 7th Street Entry, First Avenue or the Fine Line.

Mall of America: I'm not a mall person, but many are. I guess its worth a visit.

There's always art at various museums.

Other interesting places:

Loring Park w. Basilica/other historic churches and Walker Art Ctr Sculpture Garden on west edge of park (take Sculpture garden Bridge)
13th Street NE in NE Mpls: several cool little restaurants and 331 club
Grand Avenue in St. Paul
Lowertown/Mears Park/Rice Park in Dt St. Paul

You may consider getting a bike at NiceRide

https://www.niceridemn.org/

Enjoy your visit!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul