Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 PM

37 posts, read 86,220 times

Advertisements

We are planning a trip at the end of this month to visit Mall of America and Ikea. We found a hotel in Eden Prairie (Residence Inn). It says that the hotel is 7 miles away from Mall America. Does it take very long to get to the mall from Eden Prairie? Also, is Eden Prairie a nice town? And does it have somewhere (a grocery store) where I can shop for all natural organic groceries? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,726,665 times
Eden Prairie is pretty boring -- it's a modern suburb. It's "nice" in the sense that it's safe, though, if that's what you mean, and there are some parks and things. I don't know about shopping out there, but most, and probably all, of the grocery stores there should have a decent selection of natural organic food available.

Bloomington (home to MOA and the IKEA) has a Residence Inn; unless you have another reason for staying in EP you might want to see if you can get the same rate at the Bloomington one and minimize driving time. (not that it will be that long of a trip, but might as well make things easy on yourself)

Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 PM

812 posts, read 2,172,026 times
I second staying in Bloomington, a lot of the hotels there have MOA shuttles. It could take a while during rush hour.

Cub Foods is a large grocery chain with a decently sized organic section.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:55 PM

383 posts, read 900,551 times
Another chain with an even wider selection of organic foods is Rainbow foods. There are plenty of Rainbow foods around the TC area. But if I were you, I wouldn't stay in a hotel in EP if you want to go to the Mall of America. Try to find something in either Bloomington, Eagan or South Minneapolis that's not named the Aqua City Motel or the Snelling Inn. It's because there's really nothing to do in EP and the public transit from EP is subpar.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:47 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
If your trip is specifically for the MOA, I would stay at the Country Inn and suites behind the MOA. You can walk across the street to the mall and it is on the lightrail if you want that. There is a huge Natural Foods store about 10 miles south of the mall on County Road 11 and 35E in Burnsville.

Eden Prairie is a nice town, very safe and fine but there is a lot of traffic between there and the MOA. You are better off at the Country Inn I suggested or any of the hotels in Eagan or Mendota Heights. They all have free shuttles to the mall as well.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,467,922 times
There are half a dozen hotels around the MOA that would be just as good as the Residence and you could walk to the mall.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:14 AM

Thanks so much for all the replies. I should have specified this in my original post. The reason we chose Eden Prairie is because we need to stay in a Marriott to get our friends and family discount. The two hotels by Marriott (Residence Inn and Courtyard) that we found close to MOA didn't have any more rooms left that qualified for a friends and family discount. I'm really bummed. Maybe we can find a Marriott closer to MOA other than in Eden Prairie.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 AM

YAY!!! We just found a room at Residence Inn in Bloomington that will shuttle us right over to the mall. I'm so happy. Thanks for all of the advice!

Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,061,152 times
Enjoy the mall

Old 06-11-2010, 08:09 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,705,721 times
I say don't even waste your time going to MOA (Mall of America). Ever been to a mall? Now multiply that by 4 and there ya go.

Go take that money and rent a cabin on Lake Vermilion or somewhere that will paint a true Minnesotan experience for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul