Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:44 AM

395 posts, read 1,860,436 times

Advertisements

The Harley Roadhouse actually has a fairy eclectic lineup this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 04:52 PM

153 posts, read 565,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee Ronnie View Post
The Harley Roadhouse actually has a fairy eclectic lineup this year.
Yep, the problem with Summerfest now is if there's someone you really want to see, you have to get there earlly and spend most of the day reserving your spot. That doesn't leave much time to walk around, eat, drink, and other stuff.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I actually wish I would've been at Summerfest in the good ole days....the days of people bring in kegs & wallowing around in mud. So much less sophisticated!
Those were the days! Milwaukee's own mini-Woodstock. That's gotta be like the early 70s when it was new. I'm too young for that but I remember hearing about all the criminal activities on the 10:00 news!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:27 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusting View Post
Those were the days! Milwaukee's own mini-Woodstock. That's gotta be like the early 70s when it was new. I'm too young for that but I remember hearing about all the criminal activities on the 10:00 news!
Yeah, I'm too young for that too but that would've been fun, hey? Now we get to pay $9 for warm beer & fight thru crowds of drunk 18 year olds & baby strollers....not fun. Which is why I usually find a picnic table by the rock stage & set up camp...it's very convenient because it's close enough to the one & only wine cooler tent, which is the only thing I drink when I go there.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yeah, I'm too young for that too but that would've been fun, hey? Now we get to pay $9 for warm beer & fight thru crowds of drunk 18 year olds & baby strollers....not fun. Which is why I usually find a picnic table by the rock stage & set up camp...it's very convenient because it's close enough to the one & only wine cooler tent, which is the only thing I drink when I go there.
Is beer really $9 now?? Not for one cup?? Sure glad I don't drink anymore

Old 05-13-2008, 06:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusting View Post
Is beer really $9 now?? Not for one cup?? Sure glad I don't drink anymore
Ok, I may be exagerating but I know it's not like $5 anymore! Bummer!

Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 PM

10 posts, read 54,060 times
There's a lot of culture in Milwaukee! The summer festivals are fantastic. There is basically a festival almost every weekend of the summer celebrating a different culture. Not to mention Summerfest, Jazz in the Park, the art museum, and tons of other great events happening.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 PM

7 posts, read 28,186 times
I lived in Milwaukee and recently took a nursing job in San Diego. I will tell you what brady street is about. Its alot of drunk people that don't have a license anymore so they can walk to the bars. Alot alternative people. Go downtown to Mo's. Classy

Old 08-26-2008, 02:15 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Pewaukee roughly translated is Dusty Waters or Lake of shells. How or why Pewaukee came to have it is beyond me... except that perhaps someone saw it when the Alge bloom was going mad. Sometimes the lake looks like Pea Soup.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:18 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Oh Brady Street is more than just a Drunkard's landing. It happens to be the area where students and professionals clash in a common environment. As there are better places to live if you only live to drink and not drive.

The Third Ward would be perfect for that without all the rif-raf and WaterStreet is bubbling with places to drink and Loft spaces to inhabit.

Come on now, why so mean about Brady Street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee