Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM

28 posts, read 39,859 times

Advertisements

I have a relative who is trying to retire - he has 20 yrs in but they are only counting 19 because one they say he didn't have enough points. Turns out finance didn't send the AF Personnel people (forget acronym) any documentation that they paid him - but he is confident they did, because she got a deposit from the main finance ("DFAC" I think?) shortly after the drills in question and no other payments from them anywhere near that time. When she contacted the Reserve pay people, they said they would "have to research it." ? Does anyone know what that means? Also I have heard that admin people said in their experience it could easily take months. ?? What?? This is only from a few years ago, not the 50s. In this information day and age, how can this (relatively current) data not be easily accessible and why on earth might it take months? What could there possibly be to "research?" Surely such data is kept in a given system or database and they know how to get to it. You better believe if this was an O-6 or better it'd be resolved by now.......

Old 09-28-2012, 02:36 PM

26,527 posts, read 52,027,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe55 View Post
You better believe if this was an O-6 or better it'd be resolved by now.......
Geeezzzzzzz could have gone without that....

1. Have your relative file a complaint with the Inspector Generals office. I would start with the Air Force IG office here: Official Site of the U.S. Air Force - Inspector General Complaints

2. Have your relative file a complaint with their Congressional Representative. You can find their representative here: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

I hope your relative has their facts straight...

Good luck to you both.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 AM

I am also a vet (not AF). The O-6 comment is on the mark, believe me. If you experienced things differently, trust me it was unique. RHIP and all that.

Thx for links. I don't think he's to that point yet but keep in mind. Am just wondering if someone here that worked in this area for AF (esp reserves/guard) might have any insights......

Old 09-29-2012, 07:23 AM

26,527 posts, read 52,027,101 times
This forum is not here for bashing. If you doubt it please Read the Terms of Service which you agreed to when you registered: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Rich

Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 AM

987 posts, read 1,392,667 times
Quote:
I have a relative who is trying to retire - he has 20 yrs in but they are only counting 19 because one they say he didn't have enough points. Turns out finance didn't send the AF Personnel people (forget acronym) any documentation that they paid him - but he is confident they did, because she got a deposit from the main finance ("DFAC" I think?) shortly after the drills in question and no other payments from them anywhere near that time. When she contacted the Reserve pay people, they said they would "have to research it"? Does anyone know what that means? Also I have heard that admin people said in their experience it could easily take months. ?? What?? This is only from a few years ago, not the 50s. In this information day and age, how can this (relatively current) data not be easily accessible and why on earth might it take months? What could there possibly be to "research?" Surely such data is kept in a given system or database and they know how to get to it. You better believe if this was an O-6 or better it'd be resolved by now.......
It's DFAS Defense Finance Accounting Service and all military members can access it here as long one has a log-on ID & password: https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx to get copies on-line of any pay records or have questions and also here for Reservists: Air Force Retirees Services - myPERS to create a log-on ID and password to gain access to their military records!
One can only get the right answers when one asks the right questions! I know, because I'm a retired 30 yr USAF Reservist!
One must learn and understand the system in order to get the correct documents or information!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Moderator cut: Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
It's DFAS Defense Finance Accounting Service and all military members can access it here as long one has a log-on ID & password: https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx to get copies on-line of any pay records or have questions and also here for Reservists: Air Force Retirees Services - myPERS to create a log-on ID and password to gain access to their military records!
One can only get the right answers when one asks the right questions! I know, because I'm a retired 30 yr USAF Reservist!
One must learn and understand the system in order to get the correct documents or information!
I asked him. The following is from him:

- I DO have account on mypay and mypers
- LESs don't go back that far. You are incorrect when you say "get copies online of ANY pay records." It's only recent ones.
- I already logged the problem as directed by my BIMAA.
- I resent the implication that I didn't "learn and understand the system." You make assumptions w/o knowing the facts to boot.

And, I would add, are bashing. Funny, I thought that was against the rules?

If you don't know anything more about this than the avg Reservist would, you can't add anything to this topic and so there's frankly no point in replying.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-29-2012 at 12:30 PM..

Old 09-29-2012, 12:17 PM

987 posts, read 1,392,667 times
Quote:
I don't doubt it. I'm also not bashing. Also I don't see anything in the rules where disagreement with mods is forbidden. Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of something I'm not guilty of.

I asked him. The following is from him:

- I DO have account on mypay and mypers
- LESs don't go back that far. You are incorrect when you say "get copies online of ANY pay records." It's only recent ones.
- I already logged the problem as directed by my BIMAA.
- I resent the implication that I didn't "learn and understand the system." You make assumptions w/o knowing the facts to boot.

And, I would add, are bashing. Funny, I thought that was against the rules?

If you don't know anything more about this than the avg Reservist would, you can't add anything to this topic and so there's frankly no point in replying.
I think the problem is when there's someone (you) is in the middle and speaking for someone else (a relative of yours is it)!
It wasn't an assumption, it was just a comment and not bashing! The moderator here already told you to quit bashing, but you continue to do so, because you just did in your reply as a personal attack!
What's next in your rantings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.