Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 AM

10 posts, read 54,571 times

Advertisements

Missouri sounds good right now. I work at VW and they are doing job cuts, it is a bit scary right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 AM

6 posts, read 8,470 times
Thumbs down C-YA Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the federal labor statistics for the US. Every state in the last quarter gained at least 12,000 additional jobs. Michigan was the only looser at -55,000 jobs lost. The ONLY state! Top in the country in foreclosures. Tell me, where in the hell do you see a turn around. Things are still getting worse. The inevitable fact too is that the big three can't get their heads out of their a__es to see what they are doing to themselves, their employees, and this state! I worked for a supplier that did work for Ford & Chrysler. At one point we were building a transmission assembly line and Ford shut down the entire program 80% complete. Now they still have to pay for what is done (about 8 million). This assembly line is still sitting in a warehouse/graveyard in Hamtramack. An even bigger culprit in this mess is the stinkin UAW. All their whinning and pissing, and moaning, argued their way right out of jobs! You want someone else to blaim, try the bimbo sitting in the governors chair. Or maybe Kwamme and all his little scams he likes to pull?!

My 4 year old son has been locked into a war in the Wayne County court system that only compares to the baby Jessica case from 12 years ago. Hell I was even ordered to pay a couple that makes about 500k a year - $700 a month in child support. My legal and biological son was placed for the purpose of adoption even though everyone knew before hand that I wouldn't consent to this as I have custody of his two FULL siblings. They kept my name from the birth certificate and placed him anyway. So, someone tell me why he wasn't returned to me when he was nine days old and I filed as the biological father for custody of my son. Why hasn't this couple, the adoptiWhy does these peoples money afford them to put my son, his two sisters, and myself through this?? Thousand dollar an hour attorney's, fast talk, faster paperwork, and I'm sure a few beurocratic dollars changing hands will try to make sure this is a nightmare for us all for as long as possible. THANKS WAYNE COUNTY!!! I have done nothing wrong. I am an excellent parent to my children. So, why is this such a hard decision for them to make. Even the appointed attorney for him has said he needs to be returned, full time, immediately. No more of this 3 1/2 days here, 3 1/2 days there. This is bull___!!! We have been run through the mud. This has cost us everything we had. Our house, cars, savings, everything! There is no justice in this county much less the state. Everyone just wants to see how long they can drag out a chaotic event in the hopes that there is money to be made! Nothing here but blood sucking lawyers.

My wife and I live in the downriver area, and for the fourth we went to Ecorse for the river front fireworks. We decided that the crowd was becoming unruly and thought we should start heading for the car with our 5 year old and 15 month old daughters. We had just made it through an intersection when a riot broke out. Followed shortly after by four men pulling up in an SUV and shooting into the crowd, killing one teenage boy, and injuring an 11 year old. ********** state! The fourth of July is supposed to be about families and celebration, not about running for your car in the hopes that you or your children won't be hit by a stray bullet!!!!

I have lived in Michigan all my life, AND IT SUCKS! I am leaving this dump and never looking back. I hate this state, I can't even think of one decent thing to say to anyone about this hole when I leave! I am embarrassed to even call this dump home! My suggestion to EVERYONE - get out now while you still have a chance. This economy is only going in one direction - the crapper! There is no turn around in sight, and for those of you who thinks there is an end - get your head out of the clouds. You see, all of us that are leaving, when we sit back and watch the steady decline of Michigan from a distance, we will be laughing our as_es off at you! Saying, "Damn, I am so glad we got the hell out of there when we did!"

There are only four types of people who would stay in Michigan.
1. Retired
2. People with an ounce of job security
3. The welfare folks that are happy living that way. Not using it to make a better life, but using it as a sole means of income as Michigan has no limits on it.
4. The MOD CUT-INSULT that actually believe that this state is going to turn around in any way in the next decade.

Michigan, right now, is like an erupting valcano. Some of us are running to get out of the path, and some of you are just standing there staring at it, wanting to see what is going to happen next. Well, guess what, you're only going to get burned!MOD CUT

Last edited by jeffncandace; 07-11-2007 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: INSULTS

Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 AM

59 posts, read 236,255 times
Hey, good luck wherever you go; with that positive and sunny disposition, it's likely you will find plenty to bring you down in your new state as well. Ever hear of the law of Karma? Responsibility for your own actions AND reactions to events both bad and good determine your life status. I'd say the sooner you move the better for you and for the State of Michigan.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM

426 posts, read 1,283,262 times
Hey I don't think karma can stop bullets either.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM

Default U R 2 Clueless

And what in the hell does a 4th of July shooting, and the kidnapping of my son have a damn thing to do with having responsibility for MY actions. MOD CUT--INSULTS

Last edited by jeffncandace; 07-11-2007 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: INSULTS, PERSONAL ATTACKS

Old 07-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Ty

Exactly! TY Kathys. And what if it had been my five year old daughter, or your son or daughter? What if it had been YOU? I'll bet miami's attitude would sure be different then!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 14,200 times
I know exactly what you mean brodas. Michigan is horrible, and it's not going to turn around anytime soon. Anyone in their right mind would be leaving too. My family and I are going to be relocating to South Carolina in a few weeks and we couldn't be happier with the move. Michigan has been on a rapid decline for many years now. I would say the fact that we have all stuck it out THIS long says that we gave it a chance.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 PM

146 posts, read 641,193 times
MichiganStinks,
Ever think of going into comedy writing?

Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM

136 posts, read 999,591 times
Arrow Chicago...here we come! (but more to it than that...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchzer0 View Post
Hi, I'm a Journeyman Electrician here in MI and I can't seem to find any work. I have a lot of other friends in the trades that are having the same problem. And I've noticed a lot of people moving out of dodge before this economy gets any worse. Don't get me wrong, I love MI, was born and raised, but I can't stand the struggles anymore. My question is where are you all going? Tell me your story to help me write mine. Where you moved to or are planning to move. What you do for a living. Whats the job/housing outlook where your going? Cost of living etc. Thanks for your help in finding my family a better life. Any information is helpful.
BACK to the OP...

I don't know if you are still interested in our stories, but...

Last summer my dear friend and colleague moved to Charlotte, NC. He was back this summer to visit and as I talked with him, he continues to extol the virtues of NC living and the joy it has brought him. That being said, he DID have the ADVANTAGE of his WHOLE family moving with him. His brother and sister in law (who are also teachers), his sister, and his retired parents ALL up and moved to Charlotte. More job security, better weather, LOWER cost of living, and growing economy (for ALL trades).

My wife and I will be moving to Chicago in about 3 weeks. We have completed and EXHAUSTIVE relocation search. We considered DC, Baltimore, Charlotte, FL, Bakersfield/Fresno. We got REAL SERIOUS about Houston. We were almost set to make the move there. BOOMING economy, LOW cost of living (cheaper than Toledo, OH), many jobs for teachers (and really many fields). HOWEVER...family is important!!! Thus, we have decided to relocate to Chicago. The economy is steady and growing, as it ALWAYS will for Chicago. Jobs are available. I was even able to secure a teaching job. Cost of living is higher (about 30%), but not astronomical. We chose family over finances as she has a cousin there and my family is still in MI. BUT, we needed to leave the state right now for her to have more professional opportunities.

Hope it helps!!! Best of luck to you!!!

Cheers,
-TM

Old 07-28-2007, 09:28 PM

265 posts, read 814,422 times
Default Time limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodas3 View Post
Check out the federal labor statistics for the US. Every state in the last quarter gained at least 12,000 additional jobs. Michigan was the only looser at -55,000 jobs lost. The ONLY state! Top in the country in foreclosures. Tell me, where in the hell do you see a turn around. Things are still getting worse. The inevitable fact too is that the big three can't get their heads out of their a__es to see what they are doing to themselves, their employees, and this state! I worked for a supplier that did work for Ford & Chrysler. At one point we were building a transmission assembly line and Ford shut down the entire program 80% complete. Now they still have to pay for what is done (about 8 million). This assembly line is still sitting in a warehouse/graveyard in Hamtramack. An even bigger culprit in this mess is the stinkin UAW. All their whinning and pissing, and moaning, argued their way right out of jobs! You want someone else to blaim, try the bimbo sitting in the governors chair. Or maybe Kwamme and all his little scams he likes to pull?!

My 4 year old son has been locked into a war in the Wayne County court system that only compares to the baby Jessica case from 12 years ago. Hell I was even ordered to pay a couple that makes about 500k a year - $700 a month in child support. My legal and biological son was placed for the purpose of adoption even though everyone knew before hand that I wouldn't consent to this as I have custody of his two FULL siblings. They kept my name from the birth certificate and placed him anyway. So, someone tell me why he wasn't returned to me when he was nine days old and I filed as the biological father for custody of my son. Why hasn't this couple, the adoptiWhy does these peoples money afford them to put my son, his two sisters, and myself through this?? Thousand dollar an hour attorney's, fast talk, faster paperwork, and I'm sure a few beurocratic dollars changing hands will try to make sure this is a nightmare for us all for as long as possible. THANKS WAYNE COUNTY!!! I have done nothing wrong. I am an excellent parent to my children. So, why is this such a hard decision for them to make. Even the appointed attorney for him has said he needs to be returned, full time, immediately. No more of this 3 1/2 days here, 3 1/2 days there. This is bull___!!! We have been run through the mud. This has cost us everything we had. Our house, cars, savings, everything! There is no justice in this county much less the state. Everyone just wants to see how long they can drag out a chaotic event in the hopes that there is money to be made! Nothing here but blood sucking lawyers.

My wife and I live in the downriver area, and for the fourth we went to Ecorse for the river front fireworks. We decided that the crowd was becoming unruly and thought we should start heading for the car with our 5 year old and 15 month old daughters. We had just made it through an intersection when a riot broke out. Followed shortly after by four men pulling up in an SUV and shooting into the crowd, killing one teenage boy, and injuring an 11 year old. ********** state! The fourth of July is supposed to be about families and celebration, not about running for your car in the hopes that you or your children won't be hit by a stray bullet!!!!

I have lived in Michigan all my life, AND IT SUCKS! I am leaving this dump and never looking back. I hate this state, I can't even think of one decent thing to say to anyone about this hole when I leave! I am embarrassed to even call this dump home! My suggestion to EVERYONE - get out now while you still have a chance. This economy is only going in one direction - the crapper! There is no turn around in sight, and for those of you who thinks there is an end - get your head out of the clouds. You see, all of us that are leaving, when we sit back and watch the steady decline of Michigan from a distance, we will be laughing our as_es off at you! Saying, "Damn, I am so glad we got the hell out of there when we did!"

There are only four types of people who would stay in Michigan.
1. Retired
2. People with an ounce of job security
3. The welfare folks that are happy living that way. Not using it to make a better life, but using it as a sole means of income as Michigan has no limits on it.
4. The MOD CUT-INSULT that actually believe that this state is going to turn around in any way in the next decade.

Michigan, right now, is like an erupting valcano. Some of us are running to get out of the path, and some of you are just standing there staring at it, wanting to see what is going to happen next. Well, guess what, you're only going to get burned!MOD CUT
Contrary to what's been posted here, Michigan is not totally without time limits for welfare. Only woman with a newborn under 3 months of age can draw cash assistance without working. After that, she is referred to a work program and is required to seek work and then take a job if its offered. If she is married then her spouse is referred to the work program also. Even at minimum wage the person inevetibly works themselves off the system. Food stamps is a federal program and I don't believe Michigan has enacted the federal time limit...but that doesn't mean there aren't any limits. People without children have a 3 month time limit if they are not working. A single person making around 8.00 bucks an hour, full time, only gets 10.00 a month. on average, in f.s. The program is more generous if there are children in the household. I just thought I would clarify this since I read a similar post a while back that was also less than accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan