Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:53 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times

Advertisements

What is it with these people that like to bash places and people in this Michigan forum. It doesnt matter what the topic is, they always have something negative, actually down right mean, hateful, ignorant ect...to say on the subject.
I'm usually pretty quiet on this forum, and i try to look at the brighter side of things. But this is getting pathetic people. Why am i still coming into the thread then if it bothers me your asking...I think there are alot of good and wonderful people in here that will tell you what you need to know without the "crap" And yes i'm one that loves this state regardless of the times, and i just moved here a year ago...and i lived in worse places than this, and yes, they are out there folks.

It's simple: if you dont like the people or this state and you can not comment with out being a complete jerk about it...then move on, there are other state forums to hate in. and im not sure they want you either.
If you dont like the people or this state but you can comment with out being a jerk...do so and then move one.
Or how about this: If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 08:21 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
Unfortunately these people just want attention I think. They are so bitter and negative, they come on here no matter what the thread is a about and always say something negative. Sad really, you can imagine the life they live, and they would like nothing better then every thread on here be about how crappy Michigan is, and how there is no work and so on. If my life sucked so bad that I had to be on here day in and day out telling people how crappy my life and the state is, I would be doing everything in my power, every ounce of energy, to try to make it better.
The way I see it you have a couple choices. You can either be bitter, negative, angry, and give up....or you man up and try your best to make it through any way you can, without being an ass about it.
Michigan doesnt owe you anything, and if you hate it here leave, its a free country, and you can go wherever you want. Oh, and read up on negative and positive energy, you will be amazed how it affects you. Actually, read this article, especially #1 and see if this isnt a few people on this forum.
How To Deal With Negative People - 10 Strategies

For Scolls, and a few others.
http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_000009.htm

Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM

809 posts, read 1,950,883 times
Some just like to hear their own voice.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:55 PM

258 posts, read 1,000,295 times
"...It doesnt matter what the topic is, they always have something negative, actually down right mean, hateful, ignorant ect...to say on the subject."

Because they 'are' inherently just as you describe. Just tune them out. You're right - many here try to be helpful and are hanging in hoping that Michigan will claw its way out of the economic mess. Bad mouthing/bashing sure doesn't do much for the problem! I always wonder why if people are so unhappy or really can't find the 'perfect' job, they don't just leave for greener pastures!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:36 PM

199 posts, read 543,203 times
I just wish some of them would make their point and be done with it. Many of them sound like broken records and fill the thread up with 10+ posts that basically say the same thing.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialbuddy View Post
I just wish some of them would make their point and be done with it. Many of them sound like broken records and fill the thread up with 10+ posts that basically say the same thing.
From now on, whenever someone comes in with their crappy, negative ways...they need to be ignored. Do not even respond to what they say no matter how badly you want. Earlier in this thread I posted something about How to deal with negative people. Here it is again....Read number 2!

How To Deal With Negative People - 10 Strategies

Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 PM

19 posts, read 90,335 times
You are all doing the very thing you're complaining about....Bashing the bashers...kind of silly don't you think?

Old 02-24-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgylie View Post
You are all doing the very thing you're complaining about....Bashing the bashers...kind of silly don't you think?
So let me ask you this...lets say you went to work, and every day someone would make a rude negative remark to you. Everyday you went to work, they put you down...day after day after day. Then one day a coworker tells this guy to knock it off, stop being a jerk, dont be an ass! So now its wrong to bash the basher? Its pretty much the same thing here. Day after day people bash the state no matter what the thread is about. It would be ok if they went into the thread and complained that was MADE JUST FOR THEM, but they cant...so they deserve to be bashed. Its the negative attitudes they bring here that ruin it for everyone. Why would someone want to move to Michigan if they came and read all that crap? So no...its not silly at all.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times
Just for the record...i didnt bash anyone on this thread. I could if i wanted to, however i choose to take the high road.
And since i dont have anything nice to say right now: i'll just say "have a great day, and may you have many more"

Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgylie View Post
sunshineann isn't using quite the same language as some of the negative bashers. I've been on this site for years, and it used to be a lot worse.

Granted, there are people in this state who have found themselves in a very tough spot, and that may be causing family problems, which in turn probably turns them into some vile-spewing crap-trolls. Or they may be mad at Granholm. And others purposely like to push buttons to get a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan