Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the 2010 governor election?
John Cherry (D) 4 10.00%
Mike Cox (R) 10 25.00%
Other Democrat 2 5.00%
Other Republican 10 25.00%
Undecided 14 35.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM

497 posts, read 1,177,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
I don't get the Saugatuck reference? As it is on the west side of the state I would guess it to be pretty GOPish. Is this not the case?

Saugatuck traditionally comes in heavy democrat. The area is heavily populated with gays. Big gay resort town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 02:30 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,991,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
Saugatuck traditionally comes in heavy democrat. The area is heavily populated with gays. Big gay resort town.
Really? Didn't know that. Gotta admit we rarely hear much about that side of the state other than Benton Harbor being bad and GR bible-thumping.
Thanks for the insight.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:27 AM

850 posts, read 1,900,659 times
one other thing, where's a candidate who agrees to not take money from any special interest groups or lobbyists? where's the candidates who are willing to pass laws making this illegal? let's start separating people who want to work for US and people who want to work to make themselves richer. what would be left if we took all that fluff away?

Old 11-24-2009, 03:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
one other thing, where's a candidate who agrees to not take money from any special interest groups or lobbyists? where's the candidates who are willing to pass laws making this illegal? let's start separating people who want to work for US and people who want to work to make themselves richer. what would be left if we took all that fluff away?
LOL That was an Obama promise. To bad it was a lie.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 PM

88 posts, read 190,046 times
Default Feeding the pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
It is going to take a massive effort to outlaw this legal money laundering. Separating a politician away from the money trough is a hugh undertaking - good luck with that. But to start you must decide to vote every incumbent out of office and replace them with candidates from the "common man party" or the Liberty Party or the " Main Street Party" or whatever you want to call it but the candidates must run on a platform of no special interest money and sign some sort of agreement to that effect. That way you can readily see who will work for the people and who will work for themselves but the legislature has to be part time to start with.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 PM

541 posts, read 986,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I can't see any way out of our mess without employing right-wing economic policies. If we want to keep circling the drain, then yes... lets get a centrist into office.
that was tried once before,maybe you don't remember,tired of blanchard,voted engler,tired of engler,voted granholm,tired of granholm,voted for...are you getting the picture yet,never-ending circle where neither party is any good for this state or it's people,right wing or left wing policies are what the problem is...WAKE THE HELL UP....

Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM

88 posts, read 190,046 times
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
that was tried once before,maybe you don't remember,tired of blanchard,voted engler,tired of engler,voted granholm,tired of granholm,voted for...are you getting the picture yet,never-ending circle where neither party is any good for this state or it's people,right wing or left wing policies are what the problem is...WAKE THE HELL UP....
Bingo!
Could not be more on target. These political machines of dems and repubs. just keep spoon feeding us one after another of the political morons who haven't a clue unless the party tells them what a clue is.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:57 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,614,953 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about "Republican" policies.

I'm talking about truly conservative policies. Low tax, pro-business, pro-growth, and LOW SPENDING. Republicans haven't actually tried this in Michigan. I have no problem with ripping on the Republican Party, but don't knock conservative economics until we actually TRY it. Republicans talk the talk, but they don't operate much differently than Granholm when you really look at it.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:36 AM

152 posts, read 221,831 times
I don't know who but he must be Republican. not only for Michigan for all other states

Old 11-25-2009, 06:04 AM

497 posts, read 1,177,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diako_lorddm View Post
I don't know who but he must be Republican. not only for Michigan for all other states

Yep..and a TRUE Republican. None of these Schwarzenegger (sp?) so-called Republicans. I'm not sure a TRUE Repub exists anymore, but I know Tom George and he is a really good guy. I do like Cox's stand on guns. He is pro NRA. Not sure about the rest. Guess I best start reading up on him. I have a strong feeling he will be our next Governor unless the welfare sucking Detroit liberals have their way AGAIN. If that happens, we are all doomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan