Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM

43 posts, read 99,414 times

Advertisements

I have a brochure for a scream park, but cant really do that with the kids and no one to watch them, so what all is there to do for Halloween? I'm in Three Rivers by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 06:30 PM

266 posts, read 853,585 times
How far are you from Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek? They have a "ZooBoo" for families and I have heard they do a great job. It's a small zoo but really a nice one!

The All New Great ZooBoo! (http://www.binderparkzoo.org/zooboo_09.html - broken link)

Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,468 times
Default jvine43

Most with small children rely on fun costumes and trick or treating in the local neighborhood just like the good old days just be wary of unwrapped goodies just a fun time of the year to allow childrens imagination to be in full force make home made costumes are always fun

Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 PM

550 posts, read 2,053,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniepep View Post
How far are you from Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek? They have a "ZooBoo" for families and I have heard they do a great job. It's a small zoo but really a nice one!

The All New Great ZooBoo! (http://www.binderparkzoo.org/zooboo_09.html - broken link)
I went to the ZooBoo when i was at Western! it is fun for kids of ALL ages

speaking as someone who grew up in a VERY small town (cheboygan) we trick-or-treated, the coast guard cutter did a haunted ship, there are other little haunted houses, downtown businesses did earlier in the day trick-or-treating (like at 4), and yeah i do not know what it is like in three rivers
have fun!
do you have pumpkin patches in LA? those are a ton of fun to visit in the fall!!!

Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
My kids are looking forward to trick or treating. Just like when I was a kid, wander around town and get candy by the pounds. LOL

Last year was the first year we lived in town and we got almost 500 kids in about 2 hours. I couldn't believe it. Whole families still turning out from babies to Grandparents walking around chit-chatting and having a good time. Even the teenagers were helpful to smaller ones. Halloween is still alive and well in small town Michigan.

On a side note, we usually take the kids to a Pumpkin patch that does hay rides, hot cider and donuts, games, a small corn maze as well as picking up their pumpkins there.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:51 AM

266 posts, read 853,585 times
I was going to say corn maze too, we have a ton of them in Michigan. Watch your local paper, especially if you have one of those free "shopper" type publications in town. A lot of the farms and fun places out there will not have websites.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,768,741 times
In Michigan we do the haunted corn mazes, haunted houses, haunted stadiums, the cider mills, the pumpkin blowouts in farm country with carving contests, biggest pumpkin contests, Jack-O-Lantern spectaculars, trick-or-treating and gala costume parties and of course Devil's Night on Oct 30th, when every window in the state gets egged and every house and tree TP'd.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:46 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times
We just like going up town to where all the action is and go trick-or-treating. I like to see all the spooked up houses! Some go all out with decorations, music and all.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 PM

111 posts, read 346,240 times
My Halloween plans include the Grand Rapids Zombie walk.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:43 PM

902 posts, read 1,926,860 times
Just remember to walk , because zombies don't run lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan