Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:07 AM

43 posts, read 99,531 times

Advertisements

well here we come, ready or not, and i am not sure i am ready, i really dont have any winter winter clothes for the kids or myself or my husband. but this is what my hubby has wanted since i married him is to move to michigan, so here we come and i am going to try my hardest to make it happy for everyone, even my cranky at times hubby cause our money doesnt stretch as far as we need it to, but i am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure my family is happy no matter where we are...

anyone who has homes for sale in michigan send me pictures (lots) and price... we didnt get the house we wanted, too many bank issues but we are working with another person and he says he can get us closed on a house, so we are renting right now and may buy the house we are renting.

thanks everyone oh and anyone from Three Rivers or close by add me on your facebook or myspace (let me know where you are from) send me a private message and i will give you my info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 01:43 AM

274 posts, read 628,659 times
Good Luck!! I am heading back to MI by June 2010 without or without a job! I was born, raised, and spent the first 30 years of my life there. Then I moved to FL for the beach life, lost my job, moved to Atlanta for work and absolutely HATE IT!! I am single with almost 3 years of living expenses saved up so I am not too worried about moving back to Michigan. Can't wait to be back HOME!!

I do not want to be in any other state! Don't let any of the negative people on here bring your spirits down. Positive thoughts equals positive results!! But you already sound positive and that is a great start!!

The state has so many great cities, lakes, trails, and anything outdoors...so explore and enjoy!!

Old 09-27-2009, 05:36 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,905,444 times
Welcome! Winter gear doesn't have to be top of the line, right out of Cabelas or LL Bean. Salvation Army and Goodwill are great places to get some rather good winter clothes for remarkably cheap. I have an Uncle who has more money than you can think of, that buys ALL his clothes, shoes, jackets - everything from those two places. Last fall I picked up a brand new (still had the tags hanging) North Face winter jacket for $10 at Goodwill. The tags had the retail price at just under to $200. Those are great places to get started on winter items without breaking the bank.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:32 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,435,431 times
Welcome to Three Rivers and the state of Michigan! You're going to love it up here. I sure wish I was still there.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 AM

750 posts, read 1,436,176 times
I'm in Michigan, travel around the US a lot, and always love coming home to this great state. Warts and all, problems needing to be fixed (and frothing-at-the-mouth over the proposed fixes) it's still a beautiful place. Most residents are kind and generous. I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 AM

165 posts, read 512,910 times
I moved to Arizona last December and now looking to retune to MI, my daughter and son in law just provided me with my first grandson so I have to get back to see him grow up. Arizona is fine but my family is in MI and that is where I need to be, anyone know of any jobs (hehehe) is south east MI?
Michigan is a beautiful state,
Debbie

Old 09-27-2009, 10:09 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,240,685 times
I can understand wanting what you want - don't we all. But people need to work and if it takes going where the work is than thats the way it is.
"I'm going to live where I want regardless of whether I can get a job" is just another type of entitlement.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:40 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,435,431 times
I disagree. If someone wants to live in an area and can make it on less money, then why is that wrong? How is it a sense of "entitlement?"

Old 09-27-2009, 10:51 AM

364 posts, read 879,038 times
welcome to michigan! The weather the next few days is going to be raw and chilly, but fall is a beautiful time of year, you will love it!

Old 09-27-2009, 03:39 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,240,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I disagree. If someone wants to live in an area and can make it on less money, then why is that wrong? How is it a sense of "entitlement?"
they don't have a job, they don't have any money and they don't even have winter clothes and they are coming from Louisana as best as I can figure where the average cost of living is even lower than Michigan.
Since there are so few jobs they will be out of a job for at least awhile if not longer.
Gee. Maybe we should all just throw caution to winds and do what we want - oh wait.....maybe that's not responsible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan