Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,281,962 times

Advertisements

Well we've had ourselves a good black eye for awhile now. I personally am sick of the anti Michigan crap I read on other threads. I'd like to get a national campaign going for Michigan to respond as a whole to the rest of the nation.

It's a dark screen, it begins to brighten slowly. The music from 2001 space odyssey begins to play. As the screen grows brighter you see Detroit on what looks like a colored map. The camera begins to pan out and up to reveal a GIANT mitten with the map of Michigan on it. At full screen it begins to move, and wiggle..... the mitten begins to slowly ride up and falls off to reveal a GIANT hand. This hand then becomes a clenched fist...... as it pans out even more you see the fist located on an even bigger map right smack dab where Michigan lies between the GREAT lakes..... and then it flips the rest of the country THE BIRD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,792,804 times
That is a total riot, but it's unlikely to bring in new business, my friend. Maybe zoom in to the sight of cleaned-up neighborhoods full of thriving businesses and happy people waving their pay stubs, and THEY'RE giving everyone the finger.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:38 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,281,962 times
How about we redo the Randy Newman song of I love L.A? When they call out another city or state we have Jeff Daniels, or Tim Allen or some other Michigan native lip sync that part and flip em off?

Old 04-23-2009, 07:34 AM

541 posts, read 986,946 times
nice thought..never happen...When i lived in Vegas i never saw any commercials touting Michigan as a whole until about March '08 before i moved back here,and that commercial was Jeff Daniel's"Let Michigan give you the upper hand"promo.I saw commercials out there for Virginia,S.&N.Carolina,Tennessee,and such,not Michigan. whoever is in charge of this promo/advertising campaign...sucks.I guess their idea of a big pitch is around Illinois,Indiana and Ohio...Thinking outside the box they are...idiots

Old 04-23-2009, 09:35 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,078,123 times
The state's motto could be changed to, "Michigan--the unemployment state--land of moronic mayors and governors".

Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM

541 posts, read 986,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
The state's motto could be changed to, "Michigan--the unemployment state--land of moronic mayors and governors".
I agree except the "moronic" qoute..Let's appply freedom of speech and come up with more vivid and colorful descriptions like "@#$%%^",and "dumb M @#$%@ F#$@%^"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: