Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:18 PM

111 posts, read 485,616 times

Advertisements

Welcome to America! This kind of thing should be entirely ILLEGAL... Circuit City deserves any bad fate coming their way for being this nasty to devoted workers.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6691

The 3,400 employees affected by the job cuts represent 8% of Circuit City's total work force. Employees will be given four weeks’ worth of severance pay and will have the option of reapplying for their positions at a lower pay grade after a 10-week hiatus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 08:17 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,906,526 times
Best Buy and Circuit City suck anyway, either as places to shop or work.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:35 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,798,419 times
i work at circuit city and my fellow employees didn't find out about their layoff until wednesday when our manager knew about it for months. he needs to be fired too.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,088 times
Default Help for a Marketing Class Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
i work at circuit city and my fellow employees didn't find out about their layoff until wednesday when our manager knew about it for months. he needs to be fired too.

Hi, my group members and I need help with our class project on making marketing plans at the High School of Fashion Industries in NYC, and we chose Circuit City as our company to re-vamp. We had to create a questionnaire to ask to former employees and we were wondering if you and other employees can help us! Your time and help is greatly appreciated! Please respond.

- Fashion Students in need.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:35 AM

968 posts, read 2,591,692 times
they are in Chapter 11 anyway. Won't be long until they are in Chapter 17 I'm sure. Especially with this move.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:08 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,973,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
they are in Chapter 11 anyway. Won't be long until they are in Chapter 17 I'm sure. Especially with this move.
I think all of their stores are closed now.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:35 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,579,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Your manager probably wasn't allowed to tell you. I watched 4 rounds of terminations before my turn came and no one was given advanced warning. I got more than most and I only got a week's notice.

Companies don't permit managers to tell employees. They're afraid of retaliation and sabatoge and I don't blame them. Some employees react very badly when let go.

I had 18 years with the company and one week was all I got.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,876,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fihsmktg123 View Post
Hi, my group members and I need help with our class project on making marketing plans at the High School of Fashion Industries in NYC, and we chose Circuit City as our company to re-vamp. We had to create a questionnaire to ask to former employees and we were wondering if you and other employees can help us! Your time and help is greatly appreciated! Please respond.

- Fashion Students in need.
Here's an idea: don't hire slimy salespeople and incent them to pressure everyone to buy an extended warranty. Oh, and don't advertise a product on sale that you don't even really have on the floor for sale. It didn't work for Highland Appliance. It didn't work for Olly Fretter. It's no wonder it didn't work for Circuit City.

If there's anything you can learn at High School of Fashion Industries in NY, is that unethical business practices never pay.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM

760 posts, read 2,443,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
It didn't work for Olly Fretter.
A blast from my childhood past...... "It's Always Better, To Shop At Fretter"

Can't believe that little jingle was stuck away in my mind when I read your post. Haven't they been out of business for over a decade or more?

Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,876,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeg View Post
A blast from my childhood past...... "It's Always Better, To Shop At Fretter"

Can't believe that little jingle was stuck away in my mind when I read your post. Haven't they been out of business for over a decade or more?
Yeah, I think so. Those places were horrible, but they were always right near each other (at least when I was a kid in Lansing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: