Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 05:38 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times

Advertisements

People routinely say there are ticket quotas and others say,
"show me proof or it dosen't exist".

Well, here's your proof and as you read pay particular attention to Virginia.
Could we be headed in that direction??

Excuse the fonts, sometimes I screw it up.

Traffic Fines and Enforcement Practices Bring New Meaning to Highway Robbery - Column/Csaba Csere - The Steering Column/C/D Staff/Columns/Features/Car and Driver - Car And Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/features/columns/c_d_staff/csaba_csere_the_steering_column/traffic_fines_and_enforcement_practices_bring_new_ meaning_to_highway_robbery_column - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,820 times
Oh, no surprise to me. I lived in REdford. I know all the places they sit and hide.

I drive THE SPEED LIMIT! I don't care how fast the others are going around me. I wish I had a bumper sticker that said

"I am driving slow because live in this community... I know where all the speed traps are".

Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
Or Taylor, or Romulus, or Ecorse, or . . . . .

their are loads of places admittedly using tickets as a source of revenue. My wife got a speeding ticket and they admitted that it was probably not valid but offered a plea to a slightly more expensive parking violation to avoid the hassle (and guarantee no points).

then elsewhere she got pulled over where she actually was speeding and they let her off with a warning so maybe it balances out?

Old 03-25-2009, 07:06 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,072,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
Oh, no surprise to me. I lived in REdford. I know all the places they sit and hide.

I drive THE SPEED LIMIT! I don't care how fast the others are going around me. I wish I had a bumper sticker that said

"I am driving slow because live in this community... I know where all the speed traps are".
I want to get one that says "Don't like my driving? Support Mass Transit!"

Old 03-26-2009, 06:13 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,990 times
Well, here's an interesting little spin- but it concerns California, not Michigan- my daughter, who was 21 at the time, was crossing the street to get to her bus stop, as she doesn't drive- as she got across, without benefit of a crosswalk (which was way down at the other end of a rather long, city block...), she was stopped by a police officer, who gave her a jaywalking ticket- as he grabbed her arm, he yelled to his partner, "Hey! I got another one!"---$175, plus fees.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,990 times
My husband, who is from MI, didn't believe it- "they don't give tickets for that!", he said-

Me? I believe anything, anymore- lol

Old 03-26-2009, 10:48 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostie View Post
Well, here's an interesting little spin- but it concerns California, not Michigan- my daughter, who was 21 at the time, was crossing the street to get to her bus stop, as she doesn't drive- as she got across, without benefit of a crosswalk (which was way down at the other end of a rather long, city block...), she was stopped by a police officer, who gave her a jaywalking ticket- as he grabbed her arm, he yelled to his partner, "Hey! I got another one!"---$175, plus fees.

Do you live in Los Angeles County? LA has been giving out those tickets for years. Since it is hard to find crosswalks downtown in some areas, they get to hand them out like candy on Halloween. Great fund raiser.

I wish that they woudl allow charities to ticket J-walkers for funding. THen the J-walker could write off the fine as a tax free donation!

Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,992 times
Good.

The cops should be out writing more tickets to all the jackass drivers there are out there.
Too bad they can't write tickets for being stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: