Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times

Advertisements

Anyone have much to say about this particular city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 AM

128 posts, read 613,387 times
Default um

I personally dislike this city pretty well. I have family there and its just very dismal and isolated and the wealth disparity is interesting. I really don't like much northeast of Detroit though....

On a positive, the downtown area is getting better, the lake is beautiful, you're right next to Canada, not far from Toronto, and the mall is ok

Old 03-01-2007, 12:25 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,750 times
I have family in the Croswell Lexington area which is 20-25 miles north of Pt. Huron. I've been coming to this area all of my life. It's really grown up quite a bit, especially in the areas along M-25 in Fort Gratiot. You have every 'suburban convenience' along that stretch. It's not a bad place to live in the summer...Lots of tourists come up in the area. But, I would worry about being able to find a job in the area. Many of my family work in Metro Detroit and make the drive up to their homes in the area. The housing in Port Huron area is less expensive than many areas in Michigan (eastern part), but then again, not many jobs. But, please, don't let me disparage your interest or your dreams if it is to live here. You have to go where your heart leads you and where you resonate with, so you'll be the happiest

Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 AM

36 posts, read 151,416 times
I live in Port Huron. Were trying to improve things around here. The best thing going right now is the one mile development along the st. clair river. It used to be dirty and polluted. Its getting better all the time. There is a boarwalk, terminal, and viewing room where you can watch the freighters. The tailship Highlander is docked at the the seaway terminal, as is a retired coastguard ship. During the Christmas season there are lights throughout the area. Also, an art incubater opened up recently (I think last year). They offer pottery classes, yoga and other stuff like that. It seems to be doing pretty well. The biggest event is the mackinaw sailboat race.

Port Huron is not perfect; but I love the water and things are only going to get better because of the development along the river.

The development along the river.
http://www.achesonventures.com/home.asp

Art Incubator
http://studio1219.com

Old 04-21-2007, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 12,602 times
Default Port Huron, Michigan alternative healing

I am considering moving to Port Huron area> I am a psychologist and nurse who practices alternative healing arts, energy medicine, sensorimotor psychotherapy, yoga, reiki. Do you think the community there would be open to something like this?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:12 AM

800 posts, read 4,298,750 times
Somtic,

I'm a Reiki Master and a spiritual counselor but more Metro Detroit area. There is a small healing community in Pt. Huron area I know a couple of healers up that way who have offices, etc.

It's there, but you just have to look for it. There's a couple of health food stores that have business cards, etc. so you can network. Also, check out the free spiritual papers in town...Phenomenews, Healing Garden Journal, Natural Awakenings, and Body, Mind, Spirit Guide, etc.

Best of luck and well wishes,
L

Old 05-10-2007, 05:04 AM

2 posts, read 12,602 times
Default Healing Community

Thank you for sharing this information, I'll check those places out.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:01 PM

695 posts, read 3,411,308 times
VERY NICE! I LOVE IT! Such a cozy town. Great businesses, definitely a a very fast upswing. Great place to be! Highly recommended. Beautiful!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 23,502 times
I have family there. It's a cozy city,but the job market sucks!!! Also there is not a lot of racial diversity in the area which may be a issue depending on what type of environment your used to. If your young the social aspect sucks but there is Canada and Detroit.
If you like small town living, where everybody knows your name I think you may feel right at home.Its not a bad place,but has changed somewhat from what I remeber visiting for the summers with my grandparents...

Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,906 times
Question So what's with St. Clair?

Anybody have anything to say about St. Clair, MI? Former New Yorkers, living in western NC moving to Port Huron area soon - found a house to rent in St. Clair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan