Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:26 PM

693 posts, read 2,266,977 times

Advertisements

I'll be buying some parts for my mountain-bike....and probably surrendering the rest to the wife....fair enough I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 12:32 AM

286 posts, read 997,287 times
Used it for my honeymoon. But I dont think that helped michigan at all.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 AM

62 posts, read 182,069 times
Ours has come and gone. The whole amount went on credit cards that we have used the last 6mo since DH is underemployed and I'm unemployed.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 70,002,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist View Post
I'll be buying some parts for my mountain-bike....and probably surrendering the rest to the wife....fair enough I suppose.

I'm not in Michigan but I spent mine on a good bicycle to commute to work so I can save a tank of gas here and there. Now I'm hoping to use my car only 1 or 2 days out of the week, the savings should be substantial. A few weeks of commuting by bike will end up paying for the bike and then a scooter to use when the days are too short -- here it's dangerous to ride bikes in the dark. Too bad I didn't have a gym membership that I could also be dropping to save more money but I can figure that now I don't need one.

I'm going to be looking at all kinds of ways to cut back and save money. Bicycling is great because instead of spending less on gas, you spend nothing on gas. There's a very satisfying feeling when pedaling past a gas station.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 PM

693 posts, read 2,266,977 times
Default Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm not in Michigan but I spent mine on a good bicycle to commute to work so I can save a tank of gas here and there. Now I'm hoping to use my car only 1 or 2 days out of the week, the savings should be substantial. A few weeks of commuting by bike will end up paying for the bike and then a scooter to use when the days are too short -- here it's dangerous to ride bikes in the dark. Too bad I didn't have a gym membership that I could also be dropping to save more money but I can figure that now I don't need one.

I'm going to be looking at all kinds of ways to cut back and save money. Bicycling is great because instead of spending less on gas, you spend nothing on gas. There's a very satisfying feeling when pedaling past a gas station.
There are certain cities to ride a bike in Michigan.....I lived in Novi near detroit for years and rode my bike everywhere, amost caused multi-car pile ups as people zoomed by in their SUV's, in amazment that people actually still ride bikes. I wish this was more of a friendly biking area, people just dont care about bikers rights (nor do they probably know about them). Living near Ann Arbor, many of my friends ride their bikes through winter, their bike is their main trans, more people should follow that lifestile where possible.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 70,002,694 times
The more people who start riding bikes, the more they'll insist on bicyclists' rights.

It's actually quite practical to ride a bike and it beats complaining about gas prices. We can complain all we want and point the finger at this or that political party but those parties aren't in control in European countries where gas prices are $10 a gallon.

The other day I rode by a gas station where someone was having trouble with their car not starting. We don't have to be completely dependent on our cars. For short trips under 15 miles, a bike is certainly worth using. The health benefits will also pay up.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 PM

137 posts, read 535,058 times
Stimulus check? What stimulus check? The gov't found it necessary to take it AND a $3,000 tax 'refund' to pay off a $900 tax debt and 'penalties and fees'......Nerds!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:07 PM

167 posts, read 433,474 times
It's our money anyway. Why shouldn't we get it back!?

Old 06-26-2008, 04:39 AM

12,082 posts, read 39,022,101 times
Used mine to boost the down payment for the house we bought in Michigan. Guess that stimulated the economy a bit because the people we bought from used it to move to Mount Pleasant.

Plus it is great to be back home.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 AM

845 posts, read 3,284,929 times
Still don't have mine. Boo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan