Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 04:17 AM

3 posts, read 75,007 times

Advertisements

Hello I´m a 26 year old living in Sweden that is travelling to Eben Junction, Michigan after the summer to visit never seen relatives, I wonder how is the weather then and what should i really do when I´m there?
I have never been to USA I´m really looking forward to it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 08:49 AM

334 posts, read 1,372,555 times
Eben Junction is a very small town. Checkout the Pictured rocks along Lake superior, Tahquamenon falls, Mackinac bridge, Mackinac island. Your going to be in the rural area, if you want to checkout a big city, go to Chicago, or maybe even Grand rapids, Green bay. Have fun!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:52 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,972,591 times
How long will you be here? It's possible that you might be able to wear shorts in Sept. You never know here in Michigan, but don't count on it. Bring a light jacket or sweater with you. Being from Sweden, you must be used to cooler weather.

Here is the current 10 day forecast. Check it out a few days before you leave so you know what you might encounter. 10 Day Weather Forecast for Eben Junction, MI - weather.com

Old 05-19-2008, 01:44 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,957,365 times
Yes, MI weather can be unpredictable. Last year I was laying out at the pool in October! It was 90 degrees. Not normal though. Definitely bring a sweater or hoodie or two.

You should be able to catch some pretty fall colors depending on how long you stay!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:05 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,906,669 times
September-october is the best time of year here. The weather is wonderful most of the time. Once in a great while it may snow a little, but mostly it is warm in the day time and cool in the evenings.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:43 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pletcherqvj View Post
Renmin University of Cina Law School Professor Yang Dongfu the particular protection fund company pilot mediation operate in theoretical explanations. He stressed that your public welfare mediation carried out by Protection Fund Corporation, First, credibility, can be further recognized because of the investors; follow the situation connected with "mediation" social management invention needs; with professional personnel advantages and will quickly and effectively to carry out experimental work.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 PM

214 posts, read 674,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Spam-bot, mis-programmed by an eastern european or chinese kid without a proper grasp on the english language.

Happens to me every third wednesday.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM

9,476 posts, read 10,826,194 times
Sept can get cold, but usually its a very pleasant time of year here. 70 degree days are common at that time of year. Places to see would be Sleeping bear dunes, Mackinaw, Taquanemen falls and pictured rocks. Nice towns to visit would be Traverse city, Grand haven, Frankenmuth, Marquette and for a big city Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor. AVOID DETROIT, not a nice area. Someone suggested a trip down to Chicago, thats a good idea too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan