Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 AM

5 posts, read 20,869 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me where in Kalamazoo is a good area to look for homes? North, South, East, West??? Zip codes to avoid? I am at a loss? Please help me steer clear of bad areas.

Much appreciated!

Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 AM

845 posts, read 3,271,251 times
This topic is hot on other threads (like int he last 3 days)
Please search them out so we don't rehash the same discussions.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:24 PM

218 posts, read 507,927 times
If you want to live in Kalamazoo City limits the best areas are Milwood. Most homes are in the $100,000 to $150,000. Great location and TONS of homes for sale.

The Winchell Ave. area is higher up in the home prices, and is a nice area near WMU.

The skanky areas include the Edison neighborhood. North of downtown. And along E. Main between Riverview and Nazareth Rd.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:00 PM

Hi...........Thank you. What about these areas?

1. Eastside

2. Westnedge Hill

3. Burke Acres

4. Fairmont

Thank you so much for answering my questions!

Jen

Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 PM

845 posts, read 3,271,251 times
Westnedge Hill is great. Don't even know what "Burke Acres" or "Fairmont" are.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:08 PM

259 posts, read 823,107 times
Westnedge hill is a nice place. I wouldn't look north as its more rough, but thats just me. Currently I live in the west by WMU and really like it. Are you pin pointed on Kalamazoo or outlying towns too?

Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 PM

Hi,

I am open to the outlying towns as well. What do you think of parchment? So North is a "no-no". Vine??

Blessings,

Jen

Old 04-12-2008, 12:09 PM

218 posts, read 507,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggytheelf View Post
Hi,

I am open to the outlying towns as well. What do you think of parchment? So North is a "no-no". Vine??

Blessings,

Jen
Parchment is a quaint little area just NE of Kalamazoo. Lots of families there. A great park in Kindleberger Park, and overall very safe. It has some stores, but for the most part you need to go to Kalamazoo or Portage to do your shopping. Parchment is close to the Gull Rd shopping district too.

Vine area is mainly very old run down homes that are rented out to students and welfare recipients. There may be a diamond in the rough there, but don't count on it.

I've never heard of Burke Acres and Fairmont neighborhoods.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:47 PM

259 posts, read 823,107 times
I agree with softball fan. I currently live in Mattawan (west of Kalamazoo). Its a nice place. There really isn't a lot to do as most people go to Kalamazoo/Portage like softballfan said as its only a few minutes.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,599 times
Hi, I figured I'd post my question in this thread rather than start another Kalamazoo related thread. I'll be moving to Kalamazoo from NC in August to start a grad program at Western. Basically, I just need a modest studio or 1 BR in a quiet, safe area for a good price. I came across this apartment complex on "Apartmentratings.com," and noticed that it had a perfect approval rating. The complex is called Clayborne Court Apartments, and appears to be on the westside of town. Is this complex in a safe, quiet area? From the map, it appears to be off South Drake Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan