Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 07:00 AM
ptn ptn started this thread

3 posts, read 2,435 times

Advertisements

I living in Madison height 3 yrs so far

work in romulus 1 hr drive
wife work in novi 1 hr drive nonefreeway

my child is daycare in madison height 20$ per day pick up from school including dinner and homework teaching
asian group all kid asian

my jobs work 8 hr working 10m to 6 pm
wife noon to 10 : pm

we plan to move to Novi close to her jobs 5 minutes and my jobs 40 minutes
but in novi only american daycare no asian communication

should we move or stay in madison heights

things Madison heights has

asian market/ reataurant / alot vietnamese and chinese

things Novi i dont like

Internet in novi slow they dont have comcast
Novi alot cold in winter
Novi apartment cost over $1000-$1,300 instead 900$ in madison heights

should i go there or continue live here , ? my kid in 3rd grade this summer
i has thinking let she finishing elementary course then move when she in middle school to novi
but my wife said tire driving to novi work,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 11:49 AM

1,996 posts, read 3,171,857 times
-I would move to Novi to make your wife happy, IF you can afford the higher rent in Novi. If you live in Novi, you will also be closer to your job in Romulus.

-While Madison Heights does have a lot of Asian restaurants and markets, Novi also has a lot Asian restaurants and markets, and a large Asian population.

-Madison Heights and Novi has the same weather. Novi might not have Comcast, but it is a very wealthy suburb with other internet options.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:10 PM

30,707 posts, read 79,992,934 times
If Novi is too expensive, look at Canton, Plymouth, or northern Livonia. Nciely between Romulus and Novi.

You can also have a look at Lyon township (touches Novi), Northville (nicer and pricier than Novi, but also touches Novi), Farming Hills (touches Novi, not as close to Romulus though).

If you want as cheap as Madison heights, try Westland.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:49 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,722,481 times
Move to the west side. you can always enroll your kid for weekend activity or summer class in MAdison Height for Asian exposure.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:41 PM

202 posts, read 252,706 times
there is no difference in climate. Both are just as cold. And Novi has a very large asian community-many Japanese, probably korean as well.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:55 AM

30,707 posts, read 79,992,934 times
West Bloomfield has a large Korean population if that is what you are looking for. It is also quite close to Novi. Not much of a time savings on the Romulus commute though.

You can find housing in W.B. at all price levels. They have decent safety and schools as well.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
West Bloomfield has a large Korean population if that is what you are looking for. It is also quite close to Novi. Not much of a time savings on the Romulus commute though.

You can find housing in W.B. at all price levels. They have decent safety and schools as well.

Are you sure of that? As far as I know there are no Korean grocers or churches in West Bloomfield. Houses and schools are good, though.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:36 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,460,790 times
Boy i grew up in Madison Hgts graduated from Madison in 1974 I moved out of Michigan in 2009 just moved back in 2017 and Madison Hgts is not the Madison Hgts i grew up in. It’s mostly Afro Americans and Asians and Indians from India when in the hell did this happen. My guess was when Michigan went schools of choice, because they didn’t have that when i lived there. I just can’t believe how run down some of the neighborhoods are both in Madison and Lamphere school districts what the hell happened people. Funny that someone would say the winter was colder in Novi than Madison Hgts, lol lol

Old 08-20-2018, 07:07 AM
ptn ptn started this thread

3 posts, read 2,435 times
My kid love school here and daycare here she has 30 friend speaking
vietnamese , if i move to novi there no vietnamese kid after school program
, feel she kind of alone for her >>

also if i move to novi then all my life cant buy a house those house there 500k
and madison heigjt i still has a chance to get cost around 200k

my contract end lease already so i can move anytime i want now

Old 08-20-2018, 12:52 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,879,539 times
Sounds like this is mostly an issue that you and your wife have to work out. You both need to agree on the best decision. Best wishes to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan