Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 AM

3 posts, read 5,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamagirl View Post
Is anyone leaving Michigan because of the bad weather the state is known for?
YES! I'm moving out of here as soon as I can. 2 yrs max. I can't stand MI weather. June - Sept isn't so bad but I'm done with snow and freezing temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
SoCal is a lot like Phoenix, I lived in Phoenix for a couple months, but I couldn't handle the heat. San Diego rarely gets too hot and I lived 1/2 block from the ocean so I never needed AC.
I also lived right next to the ocean in San Diego (Coronado) and loved the cool ocean breezes. It was usually in the 70s near the shore and 80s inland. Nothing beats living near the pacific. I can't wait to move back. I never missed the seasons in MI when I left.

Also, I noticed people seemed a lot happier in SOCAL. Probably something to do with the sun being out a lot. It's proven that people who live in areas that are cold and gloomy are more likely to feel depressed.

Last edited by budsclass201; 04-08-2009 at 07:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,873,215 times
You dug up a year old thread just to ***** about the weather? Man, you really do need to move away.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 AM

3 posts, read 5,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
You dug up a year old thread just to ***** about the weather? Man, you really do need to move away.
Sorry to offend you, but yes, you're right, I need to move away.

Sorry again, jr.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,873,215 times
You didn't offend me at all, just making a comment.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsclass201 View Post
I grew up in MI as well and lived in San Diego (Coronado) for 6 years, but I much prefer SD over Michigan. I'm a huge outdoors person (love jogging, swimming, walking, rollerblading, etc) and it's misery to do those things in Michigan many months out of the year. It rained in San Diego during the winter for a good amount of the time when I was there. I don't know why I ever moved back to MI, well cost of living is the only reason. Michigan is so gloomy and cold. I am going to move back to S.D. someday..my wife wasn't happy when we moved back to MI so she'll be happy when we move back (just need to find a decent job out there first).

I lived in FL for a couple years and loved the heat. I'd much rather have high 80s with high humidity than freezing winters in MI.

San Diego is pretty perfect weather wise..temperature wise I mean. Some would prefer a little more rain, but I can't wait to move back to San Diego for the weather, beachers, coronado, restaurants, diversity, activities, sea life, etc. And if one wants snow, the mountains are only a 2 hr drive.
Please don't revive year old threads to rant about the weather. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:23 AM

316 posts, read 1,182,388 times
The weather here is tough obviously. Being in a sunny climate right now would be quite nice at this juncture, but summer is around the corner.
Is it really a big deal that someone "revived" a year old thread to comment on the current weather we are having? The other alternative is to open a new one obviously, I didn't realize there were restrictions.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
The sunbelt works great for some people... On the other hand, I like snow and a less intense sun angle. My extremely fair skin does not do well in the south...

Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The sunbelt works great for some people... On the other hand, I like snow and a less intense sun angle. My extremely fair skin does not do well in the south...
I understand that, I lived in CA for 12 years, I'm happy to be back in MI and not have to wear hats and layers of sticky sunscreen every single day of the year. Much of the time I lived there I didn't even want to go out in the afternoon. I feel free here, and I love the change of seasons. This winter has been tough one for sure, but spring is coming.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deslok View Post
The weather here is tough obviously. Being in a sunny climate right now would be quite nice at this juncture, but summer is around the corner.
Is it really a big deal that someone "revived" a year old thread to comment on the current weather we are having? The other alternative is to open a new one obviously, I didn't realize there were restrictions.
It's called discussion board etiquette. And it's actually working to keep the trolls out of the Michigan section. Get used to it or go somewhere else.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM

850 posts, read 1,899,599 times
you really can't win....you're either going to freeze to death in winter or be trapped indoors all summer due to boiling temperatures. i personally would rather ENJOY MY SUMMER! when i lived in missouri briefly the winters were more mild, but still cold enough to not do much outside. spring and fall were their prime seasons. but do people really need to keep complaining about michigan weather? hasn't it ALWAYS been cold here in the winter or have the past 34 years of my life been an illusion? :}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan