Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 03:01 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,643,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerDog View Post
I am laughing because Florida is dead last! I hated living in Florida and am fine with living in Michigan.

What did you hate about living in Florida? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 10:30 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,891,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
LMAO, Really? For what unemployment, cold weather, short summers, poverty?
Maybe you should learn more about other places then complaining about Michigan. If you did, you would know that there are pros and cons to every place. Unemployment is near national average, the average US wages and average Michigan wages are also about the same, adjust for COL and I'm sure it's actually above national average, as for the weather... it's the north, get over it. We complain about cold while people in other places complain about it being too hot to do anything in the summer, also complain about bugs on steroids (flying roaches anyone and mosquito's the size of D batteries), hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, tornado's (real ones) ect. But oh boo hoo hoo it's cold a few months out of the year .

Old 07-07-2015, 06:25 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS313 View Post
Maybe you should learn more about other places then complaining about Michigan. If you did, you would know that there are pros and cons to every place. Unemployment is near national average, the average US wages and average Michigan wages are also about the same, adjust for COL and I'm sure it's actually above national average, as for the weather... it's the north, get over it. We complain about cold while people in other places complain about it being too hot to do anything in the summer, also complain about bugs on steroids (flying roaches anyone and mosquito's the size of D batteries), hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, tornado's (real ones) ect. But oh boo hoo hoo it's cold a few months out of the year .
Nailed it!

Some people just love to whine about things instead of getting out and trying to make it better.
Have these people even seen Michigan? She is amazing!!

Old 07-07-2015, 09:24 AM

447 posts, read 496,641 times
Quote:
Along with Michmoldman, make me +2. You are dead on.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:40 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,465 times
Quote:

diddo. I love michigan too. I'm also ready for it to snow already...oops I don't think I should have said that

Old 07-07-2015, 11:34 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,935,425 times
Best state? How can a state that has Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw in its borders be the best state?

Old 07-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Best state? How can a state that has Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw in its borders be the best state?
Because that is a small area of the state. The rest is beautiful and vibrant.
FYI Detroit is coming back in a big way. Also, when people rag on Detroit, they are talking about the city proper and not the metro area. Detroit Metro is actually one of the nicer metros that I have seen around the country. You should note that f the over 5 million inhabitants in Detroit's CSA, Detroit city only comprises 700k of that figure.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
California has Fresno, Redding and Oakland. What is your point?

Old 07-07-2015, 01:11 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,609,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernwilly View Post
No need to tell most posters here, but Michigan is the best state.........according to Thrillist.
We're No. 1! Thrillist ranks Michigan as best state in the U.S. | MLive.com

Here is the complete list:
Ranking The United States of America From Best to Worst

I don't think people should take the list too seriously. To me, it is an entertaining thing to read and it is fun to see Michigan at the top. A lot of the comments about different states are funny. I think it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but with a small measure of truth added in. Just based on the satirical way in which the list is written, I'm not going to parade around and put the list in everyone's face and say "see, we're number one!!" It is meant to be a fun list that defies conventional wisdom, not a scientific study. And that's OK.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:26 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,145,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
LMAO, Really? For what unemployment, cold weather, short summers, poverty?
How are the summers in Michigan short? Aren't summers June, July, and August everywhere? Or did they enact a bill which makes summers in Michigan a few weeks shorter? I'm confused. Then comes Autumn, then Winter, then Spring. But they are all fixed dates. The temperatures in Michigan during the summer are very pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan