Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:10 PM

448 posts, read 501,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maersk View Post
I live in milwood and we've had a couple kids try to steal a bike out of our garage about 5 years ago, one of whom was from chicago.......also caught someone breaking into our neighbors house one night......he had put a ladder up to the roof of their kitchen so he could get in through the upstairs window....luckily he split as soon as we saw him/he saw us.......generally milwood and points south of cork are safe...for now......but Edison is just a couple miles away and this neighborhood probably won't stay the way it is now forever, hope to be lone gone from this city/state when it starts to go down the drain.....
I have lived in Edison for 18 years without ever having a break in.
I lived in Portage for 15 years with 2 break ins and once my car stereo was stolen.
3 years in Texas twnp. with no personal break in, but I had a neighbor that was completely cleaned out.....as in they used a moving van when they were on vacation.
I have never been a victim of any other crime in the area other than I had a two wheel cart stolen out of the back of my truck while I was in paying for gas in Schoolcraft.

I have also lived in Germany for two years........no crime
Manhattan, KS for one year.......no crime
Richmond, VA for 6 mo.........mugged twice (gun point)
San Antonio, TX 1 year........pocket picked, attempted mugging, car window smashed and car ransacked, and randomly hit in the face by a gang of boys as I was walking on the river walk.

I feel very safe in Kalamazoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 10:01 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,919,544 times
a question. i hope i dont seem too off topic on the crime and violence in kalamazoo but i wanted to ask if anyone knew anything about the thrift store closing called thieves market on 1305 s westnedge ave. was that crime related?
you can DM me if this is too off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan