Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 AM

7 posts, read 20,896 times

Advertisements

Hey guys whats up?

I thought I would post a thread listing some websites most people in Michigan use to find jobs. I noticed a lot of you use this website to learn more about cities in Michigan, and some are also moving to different locations around here. I thought it would be helpful if you had most of the good job sites in one place.

http://jobs.mlive.com
Mlive is a good site to find jobs, this is like one of the biggest Michigan websites that there is. They take pretty much everything from every newspaper in Michigan and publish it online. Also a good way to find apartments, or classifieds all over Michigan.

http://www.mitalent.org/job-seeker
Another good job website, This is through Michiganworks. A lot of helpful info on here as well, such as job and career fairs. Career information and more.

http://michiganjobsource.org/
Another good job site i've used, they have a lot of good jobs. Not a ton of extra career info, but definitely a good spot to just get to the point and find jobs.

http://craigslist.org/
Everyone knows about craigslist, they have some decent jobs in michigan, I would post a link right to the jobs page, but with craigslist, you have to pick a city (or area) before you can start searching for jobs.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/michigan/default.cfm
This is a good job website if you're looking to work for the State of michigan. This is where they post available jobs for the state.

Ofcourse there's also all of the generic sites such as indeed.com, monster.com, snagajob.com, careerbuilder.com and so on. Those all have sections available for Michigan. However, the sites above are the ones that I've used.

If you know of some more job sites that I missed, post them here. Also whatever site you recommend, we can make this a good resource for anyone looking to find jobs in Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,756 times
There is usajobs.....it's for govt. jobs, but there is a box you can tick for those who are not active/retired military, as well- you can put Michigan in, and it covers just about everything.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Home - Michigan Works! Association

For some reason I thought this one was the biggest -- but I know people who find jobs from it all the time.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:24 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,858,652 times
Indeed.com aggregates a bunch of job search sites, like Monster, etc.

I've also found that there's a Jobs listing section on LinkedIn.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Home - Michigan Works! Association

For some reason I thought this one was the biggest -- but I know people who find jobs from it all the time.
yeah, but michigan works job site is now that mitalent that I put in the list.
Indeed is a good website indeed lol.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMittenState View Post
Hey guys whats up?

I thought I would post a thread listing some websites most people in Michigan use to find jobs. I noticed a lot of you use this website to learn more about cities in Michigan, and some are also moving to different locations around here. I thought it would be helpful if you had most of the good job sites in one place.

Search for Careers and Job Openings - Michigan Local Job Search with MLive.com
Mlive is a good site to find jobs, this is like one of the biggest Michigan websites that there is. They take pretty much everything from every newspaper in Michigan and publish it online. Also a good way to find apartments, or classifieds all over Michigan.

Michigan Job Search | Pure Michigan Talent Connect
Another good job website, This is through Michiganworks. A lot of helpful info on here as well, such as job and career fairs. Career information and more.

Michigan Job Source
Another good job site i've used, they have a lot of good jobs. Not a ton of extra career info, but definitely a good spot to just get to the point and find jobs.

craigslist > sites
Everyone knows about craigslist, they have some decent jobs in michigan, I would post a link right to the jobs page, but with craigslist, you have to pick a city (or area) before you can start searching for jobs.

State of Michigan Job Opportunities
This is a good job website if you're looking to work for the State of michigan. This is where they post available jobs for the state.

Ofcourse there's also all of the generic sites such as indeed.com, monster.com, snagajob.com, careerbuilder.com and so on. Those all have sections available for Michigan. However, the sites above are the ones that I've used.

If you know of some more job sites that I missed, post them here. Also whatever site you recommend, we can make this a good resource for anyone looking to find jobs in Michigan.
not sure why the links here arent clickable. I guess you have to copy and paste them

Old 08-05-2013, 11:03 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,551,751 times
Before I moved to michigan I found my first job through Indeed.com. It was through Kelly Temp services but within the first week of living here I was on an assignment through Healthplus.

I found my next and current job on craigslist...it was also through a temp agency but after 90 days I was hired on perm.

So I would google all the temp agencies in your area of preference....fax your resume and let them do the work. I dont believe in emailing or posting your resume because if 100,000 people post their resume chances are yours will never been seen.

Good luck and dont give up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan