Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:04 PM

136 posts, read 482,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
TaxBait,

Have you tried GR? ...
Thanks for the effort but I'm not very mobile. My wife needs full wheelchair access and custom bath & kitchen. If we could move easily I'd have already left Michigan. I quit aerospace in the first place because I didn't want to be put in a position of having to move often. I doesn't pay well enough to take a $20K - $50K hit for house renovations every time you get shuffled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 03:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,589 times
Cadillac is a nice small town to raise a family in. I don't know much about the schools. The surrounding area in cadillac is very beautiful with gentle rolling hills. Northern Michigan itself is somewhat of a homogeneous place, not much in the way of cultural diversity. It a meat and potatoes type of place, everybody thinks the same. The people are here are somewhat closed to outsiders. Health and fitness are unknown concepts here, most people are insanely overweight. If you like to hunt and fish you will love it here.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,496 times
Hope you like plenty of snow up to your fanny. Stock up on warm clothes, snow tires, snow shovels, roof rakes for snowloads on roof. Get cleats on boots for those icy walks to the PO. I live in TN and summer in MI so have the best of both. Spent over 40 winters in MI and wouldn't trade TN winters for MI ever again.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by east_tennessee_family View Post
We are considering relocating to Cadillac, Michigan. Any one know the area? Schools, taxes, crime rate, average pay scale with Bachelors Degree in Science, Home prices, general attitude or your impression of the town? All info is WELCOME. Thanks ahead of time
I know the area -- but to leave the south to live in a cold place? Heating bills will cost you. It's a beautiful area in the summer - and beautiful if you love snow and cold weather.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:50 AM

16 posts, read 36,051 times
ok please dont hate me i visited and stayed in caddilac for a week as a nanny a long while back i was like 19 i am 38 now and i was soooo bored it was in the midle of bfe and i will never forget that trip there!! longest week in my life!! the forecaster actually said the weather was dank!!! what the heck is that???there was nothing there!! i wondered where the heck these people went to shop!!! sorry!! you asked though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan