Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,468 times

Advertisements

I am just starting my paperwork with TITU. I would highly recommend adding in a contingency clause to the paperwork stating that the sell of the new home is null and void unless the short sell of your mobile home is successful. This way your covered, won't have to pay anything to Lombardo homes, and will be able to get any money back you put down. I hope it all works out, seems to be going good so far, just worried about the interest rate (due to close in September).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,388 times
We have dreamt for years now of owning a home on land. The Trade-In/Trade-Up program helped make this dream a reality. We tried to sell our mobile home with no luck. We owed too much and buyers were not prepared to pay off the debt. Through the program we were able to sell on a short sale with only $1000 out of pocket. Our manufactured home lender was thru GT as well and we did have some hickups but that was not because of the Trade-In/Trade-Up. We now have plenty of space, storage and a yard for the kids to play in. We couldn't be more pleased with our new home. Going through the program has exceeded our expections.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,391 times
I wanted to wait untill we closed on our home before posting anything on here and we just closed on out new home in Waterford yesterday and we can not believe it! When I first stared recieving the mailers I had thrown several out, thinking it must be too good to be true! Then me and my wife decided why not what do we have to loose. Well, I am pleasantly surprised to find that they fulfilled their promise and we are actually in our home! We were very happy with all dealing with the poeple at Trade in Trade up. We thank God on a daily basis for the blessing of having our new home. Good Luck!

Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times
^

Did your credit schore take a hit for the short sale?

Old 04-05-2009, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,328 times
My credit took a small hit, but nothing like it would have if we walked away which is what we were going to do. We are so grateful for trade in trade up!! My parents went through the program, but they didn't have to do a short sale because they didn't owe very much. They even got money to help with the down payment for the new house. We had to do a short sale because we owed way too much money on our trailer. We didn't get our hopes up on the short sale, but it worked! We thought we would have to come up with a lot of extra money to get it done, but we didn't. we had a loan thru green tree and they were kind of slow to give an approval but that wasn't trade in trade up's fault. what bank do you know of that is in a hurry to take less than what you owe? the small hit on our credit is totally worth it now that we have a brand new house! my parents are getting a $300 gift card for referring us and we referred 2 of our old neighbors and will get $300 apiece when they close on their new house. don't throw away your mailer!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,270 times
We just closed on our home is Fowlerville and could not be happier. Our short sale with Vanderbilt was smooth, but some our our neighbors are having issues and delays with closing. I guess it all depends on your lender ...some are easier to with than others. I'm just glad Trade In Trade Up had to deal with them and not us! Regarding Lombardo, they are an Energy Star builder and build to a stricter building code...thank God for that because my manufactured home was falling apart. The Lombardo people were great! They called us every week with an update on the construction of our new home. The referrals are great and if you refer someone who is not a manufactured homeowner the fee is $1,000. Program totally worth it!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,814 times
My husband and I are looking to go threw TITU and We havent done any paperwork yet. I just want to know has anyone had any problems with their houses at all. And are you still happy. Do you have any advice for when we go threw the process?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan