Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:48 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,906,669 times

Advertisements

Returning from a 12 state driving vacation we got some surpises from the I-94. First it is pretty much a construction zone from Buchanan to Ann Arbor. There are a few gaps where there is no construciton, but most of the way was driving through cones.

Second the police presence was amazing. Prior to getting on the I-94 we picked up about 5 police cars using radar in our 5000 mile journey. On the I-94 we picked up somewhere between 15 and 30. In one place there were four or five police cars using speed guns in a two mile stretch. These are instances where we identified the radar source, not a bunch of electronic door openers. A considerable number were unmarked cars Is there a big fund raising push amongst Michigan police? Are we trying to ticket all the tourists?

(Hooray for Valentine).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM

21,180 posts, read 19,786,513 times
The state needs money, and speeders are willing to contribute.

A match made in...Michigan.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:58 PM

259 posts, read 823,833 times
Being someone who works on the roadside/highway daily, I am one who is happy to see them out. People really don't really give us any room. If people don't want to slow down for construction, I'd like them to stand out there while cars are doing 75+.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonproject View Post
Being someone who works on the roadside/highway daily, I am one who is happy to see them out. People really don't really give us any room. If people don't want to slow down for construction, I'd like them to stand out there while cars are doing 75+.
Thank you for your service. I especially admire you guys and gals on days like today. I think they should put down speed strips (shallow speed bumps) prior to and within construction zones. And make them a little higher in the lane(s) that is being closed to discourage greedy drivers from waiting till the last minute, then cutting off the courteous drivers.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:33 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,636,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Returning from a 12 state driving vacation we got some surpises from the I-94. First it is pretty much a construction zone from Buchanan to Ann Arbor. There are a few gaps where there is no construciton, but most of the way was driving through cones.

Second the police presence was amazing. Prior to getting on the I-94 we picked up about 5 police cars using radar in our 5000 mile journey. On the I-94 we picked up somewhere between 15 and 30. In one place there were four or five police cars using speed guns in a two mile stretch. These are instances where we identified the radar source, not a bunch of electronic door openers. A considerable number were unmarked cars Is there a big fund raising push amongst Michigan police? Are we trying to ticket all the tourists?

(Hooray for Valentine).

That's news to me. I have noticed less police presence throughout Michigan this year.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM

105 posts, read 148,232 times
I too have noticed less state police presence throughout Michigan this year except in Flint.

Maybe they are on 94 becuse of all the construction and peoples refusal to slow down in them.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:45 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,382,019 times
Quote:

(Hooray for Valentine).
There is two places on M-20 that the radar detectors will react.

I guess they are "fake" police car signals to slow people down.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:11 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,111,227 times
I noticed driving from Ann Arbor to Chicago a few weeks back that there were more cops between Jackson and Kalamazoo than I'd ever seen in my life!

Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,259,123 times
Quote:

(Hooray for Valentine).

Just the speeders....

We were in Copper HArbor (after Green BAy and Winsconsin Dells) and saw less than 4 patrol cars between Copper Harbor and Brighton.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:57 PM

Michigan Speed Traps | The National Speed Trap Exchange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan