Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 PM

15 posts, read 48,957 times

Advertisements

My parents bought a place in Evart and my 3 daughters (ages 6-11) and I will be staying with them for a week or two in the summer. Does anyone have any recommendations of fun things we could do while there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:24 PM

183 posts, read 610,033 times
There is a rail trail running through Evart you could ride bikes on. A couple of campgrounds, a youth camp with a pool that might have open swims ( google Spring Hill Camp, Evart). Cadillac is nearby and has stuff to do in the summer (google Cadillac, MI). Other towns that have things like fairs, etc are Marion, Reed City, and Big Rapids. Big Rapids is a bigger college town with more options. Try googling some of these towns and see what pops up in their calendar of events. You could also take a day trip to Ludington- very nice state park there on Lake Michigan, and a small inland lake called Hamlin Lake. I'm sure others will have more suggestions!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 PM

528 posts, read 885,546 times
I'm not as familiar with Evart, we're due west of there, but US 10 has a bunch of cool looking little parks along the road, nice views, great place to picnic or kick around a ball or bubbles or what have you. It's a pretty sleepy little area, but if your girls like outdoorsy things, there is plenty to do.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 PM

65 posts, read 200,559 times
Tube or canoe the Muskegon River in Big Rapids or in Evart.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 AM

Their place is right on the Muskegon River. They got a canoe - we'll have to get some tubes. The girls would love that. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 AM

I've been looking into u-pick places. It's something I remember doing as a child when I visited my great grandma in Cross Village (Emmett County) but not something we've done here in Florida. The closest one I've found is in Alcona County (Black River, MI).

Old 03-09-2011, 07:34 AM

362 posts, read 695,692 times
You can put your canoe in about any place. In the city of Evart there is a little park a good take out or put in point. A small park where M66 crosses the river is also a good put in take out point. there is a place on M115 that is private where you can put in for a fee I suppose. Don't over look the Middle branch river, small but runs into the Muskegon River.

Take 80th Ave North out of Evart about 9 1/2 miles turn left on 15 mile road you will come to Sun Rise lake with a camp ground. A cold deep lake with a nice beach and boat ramp. Has ranbow trout in it. The Sun Rise inn at one time had a Friday & Saturday Fish fry with all you wanted to eat of fish, Crab and Frog legs. Not sure if Charlie still does that or not. he has to be getting close to 80 by now.
Also at Sun Rise lake there is access trails to a huge amount of state land for berry picking shroon picking and other wild delights depending on the time of year.
Go past Sunrise Lake turn to the north again and you will come to Rose lake. A camp ground there, beach and boat ramp. Down the road from there is a golf course.

80 th Ave north to Termites Junction where M115 and old M61 cross, Take M115 to Cadillac stay on M115 past the camp ground on lake caddillac across from lake Mitchell. You will find a bunch of tourist stuff to do.

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan