Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Ive always wondered...that oil was in the ground...deep in the ground for a reason. Now after so many years of pumping it out what will happen once its gone...besides so called global warming from burning it all on the surface. Are we gonna have more earthquakes or volcanos? Seems like there has been a bit more, but maybe not. For every action...there is a reaction. . We use oil as fuel and lubrication here on the surface. Maybe the earth also uses oil as fuel and lubrication below the surface, but on a much grander and more unimaginable way. Maybe the oil helps the plates of the earth slide easier without much grinding which would cause bigger earthquakes. Without the oil, there may be more grinding and bumping going on (or bumping and grinding Hmmm....maybe we dont want to pump all the oil from the earth???
wow that is very interesting. I never even considered the ramifications of removing oil from earth's layers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
wow that is very interesting. I never even considered the ramifications of removing oil from earth's layers.
Actually right after I wrote this, I googled it and found some very interesting articles. I really never thought about googling it....but interesting stuff.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:50 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
I have bought gas at the same station for the last 3 weeks (Friday or Thursday) Costco.

3 Friday's ago it was $2.99
Last friday it was $3.29
Today it was $3.45

That is more than 50 cents in about 3 weeks. What is going on? I am afraid that the rising gas Price is going to derail the glimmer of recovery that we are now seeing. i was going to buy an SUV in the next 3 months (decided after this winter I need 4wd). But with these gas prices I am now back in the mode of driving a gas sipping car... My Honda Civic which is getting 36 mpg (combined driving).
I don't think i will buy the SUV after all.

This gas price inclined is what I believe started this whole economic free fall.

Gas prices skyrocket after Katrina... people had to start spending more money on gas for commuting to work which left less expendable cash for restaraunts, clothes, new cars, tv etc. Also prices of consumer goods go up because freight transportation cost increased causing inflation. and then when people stop buying things businesses saw a decline and started laying people off.

I really blame it on Big oil. They were the only ones to make record profits... all other sectors of the economy either suffered great losses, had to take buy outs or downright closed. Only Oil was making money hand over fist.

Are we seeing a repeat?
Yeah baby big oil and Bush....ohh wait he's not the POTUS anymore.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,729 times
^ Bush is not the president anymore. and I am not going to blame him as much as all politicians who cater to the lobbyists of big oil. Bush and his administration did make things more favorable for big oil. The last 10 years is having a lasting effect. I can remember gas being $1.75 per gallon. That was about 11 years ago. Think how long it took gas prices to get to 1.75. Now a little over 10 years later, gas has doubled. It will not go down. We will never see gas prices as they were in 1999.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: