Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 AM

365 posts, read 1,403,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Another suggestion for photobucket. Free and easy to use. I'm also on FLICKR but did not know you could no longer copy and paste a link. I thought they just changed the location and buried it in the menu somewhere.
You can still C&P a link, they just now include a link back to your photo (on Flickr) as well as a link to your account... I guess it's their way of up-ing the traffic to the site. I have however posted a few photos where I cut the code back to just the link to the image I wanted to post. So far so good, until I go to log in one day and I no longer can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 AM

365 posts, read 1,403,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
Ugh... tried to set up photobucket account and no luck... dag nabit.

LOL, maybe they're trying to save y'all from my turrible photography skillz.
Really? It's been a while since I created my account there but I remember it being fairly easy to set up... Maybe they've changed things recently.

LOL @ "turrible photography skillz" Is that what is happening??? There is a "Sign up using your facebook account" option... hehe

Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM

362 posts, read 696,392 times
You can also use imagecave. Problem with image cave is the small amount of pictures you can have there free unlike photobucket. There is also sutterfly but a lot harder to get the pictures to post. Photo bucket will post to 99% of all forums.

Image cave pictires.

Al

Old 02-10-2011, 10:09 AM

Photobucket pictures.

I'll be happy to walk you thru shutterfly picture posting if you would like?

Al

Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 AM

528 posts, read 886,651 times
My husband reminded me my ancient neglected smugmug account was still there. I'm trying to upload a bunch of photos. Bad idea that, on satellite. But most of them made it. One is still grinding away at verifying upload... (grimace).

Once it's done with what my son calls the spinny wheel of annoyance, I'll see what I can do.

Al, once again, you amaze me. Is there anything you can't do?

Old 02-10-2011, 12:48 PM

Okay, trying something. Don't shoot me if I goof up!!!

Trying again:

http://wee5peeps.smugmug.com/photos/...AlbumKey=F7bPk

Last edited by idw2s; 02-10-2011 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Maybe fixed it?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:00 PM

Well, not necessarily what I was aiming for, but all I have time for. Spent too much time monkeying around with pictures. Even looking at them after the fact I'm still enchanted with the views. Can't wait to finish all the house-setting up and have time to get around more.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
Okay, trying something. Don't shoot me if I goof up!!!

Trying again:

Photo Sharing. Your Photos Look Better Here. | SmugMug
Great shots! There are no "bad" shots of Michigan either...just to let you know. And now that you know how to do it, we expect to see more of them now.

Here is my "Flickr River" in case you want to take a look...or anyone for that matter!

All from Michigan Flickriver: Photos from michwoodsman

Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Great shots! There are no "bad" shots of Michigan either...just to let you know. And now that you know how to do it, we expect to see more of them now.

Here is my "Flickr River" in case you want to take a look...or anyone for that matter!

All from Michigan Flickriver: Photos from michwoodsman
Ya, but as you folks know, it's frustrating to stand there and try to use a machine to capture the glory in front of your eyes, only to realize you can't.

And then, there's the folks who post these amazing pix. My husband is one of those people who can use a camera to capture an image that somehow perfects what the eye can see. I am not one of those. But... I felt for those who haven't been here, they were reasonably drool-worthy, a little teaser of what is in store if they just come vacation up here (pot stirrer I am!).

Will check yours out... I LOVE looking at Michigan pics, especially the ones that tell me where to go in order to see the views!

Old 02-10-2011, 03:20 PM

Well lets see. Can't fly a plane or helacopter, or space shuttle can't sky dive or handle snakes. Can't drive a submirne, Can't spell real well either for that matter, english and math are not strong suits either. But I can do a bunch of stuff with my hands. Both my mom and dad taught me.

The great thing about a digital camera is the cheap pratice one can get. Ive been knowen to go out in the gardens and take 40 to 80 pictures then only keep one.

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan