Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,612 times

Advertisements

LMFAO to all the comments about the " Northside." Of course stay away from the north side if you are a weak individual who is easily scared and can't keep your nose out of things that goes on around you. Plus all of these comments I read so far are from people who have never lived on the north end at all. I am born, raised and still live on the north end. Of course there is some bad streets, but not all of the north end is BAD!!! All I gotta say is where ever you choose to move, do your research on the house, the neighbors and the community. And just know that the news will show you the bad aspects on TV to keep you watching so they can get the ratings to stay on the air; because that's what entertains us.

Last edited by KBrazil; 09-03-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 PM

8 posts, read 17,471 times
Decent and Flint in the same sentence?

That's a good one.

You really won't find many nice places within the city limits, but the surrounding townships are okay for the most part.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrazil View Post
LMFAO to all the comments about the " Northside." Of course stay away from the north side if you are a weak individual who is easily scared and can't keep your nose out of things that goes on around you. Plus all of these comments I read so far are from people who have never lived on the north end at all. I am born, raised and still live on the north end. Of course there is some bad streets, but not all of the north end is BAD!!! All I gotta say is where ever you choose to move, do your research on the house, the neighbors and the community. And just know that the news will show you the bad aspects on TV to keep you watching so they can get the ratings to stay on the air; because that's what entertains us.
As someone who lives in Flint, I don't know how people can live like that.

Don't listen to this guy, you don't want to get caught in our local wildlife's natural habitat off guard.

It's a bunch of wild coons who don't take care of any of their property, don't have any self respect, shoot at each other, rob each other, etc. I'm sure there are a few decent individuals there but anyone that lives like that has no respect from me.

The denizens of the north side are one of the reasons Flint has such a bad reputation.

It's absolutely disgusting how you people don't take care of anything and leech off of the system.

And believe me there is A LOT more going on than you hear about on the news, the police department doesn't release or announce every single crime to the public. Some crazy stuff goes down here.

You'd be very smart to just live in Grand Blanc, Flint Township, Flushing Township, Genesee Township, etc.. and just commute to work.

Last edited by PatrickB92; 09-04-2011 at 01:05 AM..

Old 09-04-2011, 10:16 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,555,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickB92 View Post
As someone who lives in Flint, I don't know how people can live like that.

Don't listen to this guy, you don't want to get caught in our local wildlife's natural habitat off guard.

It's a bunch of wild coons who don't take care of any of their property, don't have any self respect, shoot at each other, rob each other, etc. I'm sure there are a few decent individuals there but anyone that lives like that has no respect from me.

The denizens of the north side are one of the reasons Flint has such a bad reputation.

It's absolutely disgusting how you people don't take care of anything and leech off of the system.

And believe me there is A LOT more going on than you hear about on the news, the police department doesn't release or announce every single crime to the public. Some crazy stuff goes down here.

You'd be very smart to just live in Grand Blanc, Flint Township, Flushing Township, Genesee Township, etc.. and just commute to work.
wild coons and you people?????? who are you talking about

Old 09-04-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
wild coons and you people?????? who are you talking about
the north side

Old 09-13-2011, 01:04 PM

10 posts, read 42,325 times
OP Here: Thanks for the replies - we ended up moving just down Dort Highway, right before you get to Maple Ave. We've got a 48507 mailing address but are still considered GB Township. Plus side - the police station is just across the street via that little access road by Playland Park. Long story short, we've been here since July and I'm starting to think that even if we could afford to purchase a house in the ritziest neighborhood of Grand Blanc, you're still going to have bad neighbors. The riff raff from Flint is starting to move outside of Flint to get away from the other riff raff. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,911,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by courie969 View Post
long story short, we've been here since July and I'm starting to think that even if we could afford to purchase a house in the ritziest neighborhood of Grand Blanc, you're still going to have bad neighbors. The riff raff from Flint is starting to move outside of Flint to get away from the other riff raff. C'est la vie, I suppose.
Thats been happening for years ever since the housing debacle. Just as you said...now the riff raff can actually afford to move away from the riff raff, and infect the better neighborhoods.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:16 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,555,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by courie969 View Post
OP Here: Thanks for the replies - we ended up moving just down Dort Highway, right before you get to Maple Ave. We've got a 48507 mailing address but are still considered GB Township. Plus side - the police station is just across the street via that little access road by Playland Park. Long story short, we've been here since July and I'm starting to think that even if we could afford to purchase a house in the ritziest neighborhood of Grand Blanc, you're still going to have bad neighbors. The riff raff from Flint is starting to move outside of Flint to get away from the other riff raff. C'est la vie, I suppose.
you live near me. Im renting in Maplebrook Apartments. Love the area and grand blanc schools are the best! Welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan