Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 10:02 PM

21 posts, read 60,176 times

Advertisements

I moved to NC a few years ago with my sister and parents and now that I've graduated, I've been thinking about moving around, but I think if I'm going to move anywhere, I'll move back to Michigan. I need my winter, my snow! I miss belonging to The Mitten! Anyhow, at least to begin with, I'll be living with family in either Clinton Twp, Sterling Heights, or Rochester Hills. Anyone know how jobs are there? I'll most likely be in medical coding/billing when I am able to get back up there, although if I have to, I'll take a job as a pharmacy tech, which I'm doing now.

On another note, what's the political climate shaping up to be? I saw the Republicans were voted in. How's that sounding, policy- and promise-wise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 01:22 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,616,308 times
Quote:
On another note, what's the political climate shaping up to be? I saw the Republicans were voted in. How's that sounding, policy- and promise-wise?
You might want to retract that question. Once political discussions get started in here, they are tough to stop! It will probably take over the thread.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:40 PM

339 posts, read 977,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mittengirl View Post
I moved to NC a few years ago with my sister and parents and now that I've graduated, I've been thinking about moving around, but I think if I'm going to move anywhere, I'll move back to Michigan. I need my winter, my snow! I miss belonging to The Mitten! Anyhow, at least to begin with, I'll be living with family in either Clinton Twp, Sterling Heights, or Rochester Hills. Anyone know how jobs are there? I'll most likely be in medical coding/billing when I am able to get back up there, although if I have to, I'll take a job as a pharmacy tech, which I'm doing now.

I would say the employment situation in general is slightly better than what it was in 2008 and 2009, but it is still terrible. I see the unemployment rate staying high for a very long time. Regarding the political climate, I'm hopeful, I think the change is for good.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,912,049 times
oh no...you said political...here we go...

Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Lol. Well, I'm all up for debate, but that wasn't my main question. I guess I should have rephrased that, but then again, it is all subjective. I just wasn't able to vote when I lived there, therefore, I didn't pay much attention to state affairs. I've read these promising things about bringing technology companies and film projects to Michigan, but I didn't know the reality of it.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:43 AM

118 posts, read 443,967 times
Not sure about medical coding/billing... but I hear pharmacy tech jobs are hard to come by as the market is oversaturated. It's not my area so I don't know, this is just what my friend who is unemployed with a pharmacy tech certificate is telling me. I wish you luck whatever you try.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,912,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mittengirl View Post
Lol. Well, I'm all up for debate, but that wasn't my main question. I guess I should have rephrased that, but then again, it is all subjective. I just wasn't able to vote when I lived there, therefore, I didn't pay much attention to state affairs. I've read these promising things about bringing technology companies and film projects to Michigan, but I didn't know the reality of it.
Michigan will be fine....just gonna take a while.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemNewbie View Post
Not sure about medical coding/billing... but I hear pharmacy tech jobs are hard to come by as the market is oversaturated. It's not my area so I don't know, this is just what my friend who is unemployed with a pharmacy tech certificate is telling me. I wish you luck whatever you try.
Alright, thanks for the heads up. I mostly need something to start with. I plan on going to Baker for radiography, but I need a job to tide me over for however long that takes.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:53 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,781,364 times
Mittengirl, I think you should not have too hard a time finding work as a biller OR pharmacy tech. Those are two of the few good areas to be hunting for a job right now.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Cool, thanks! I'm crossing my fingers that I can simply transfer to a Rite Aid up there (where I'm currently working), but if that doesn't work out, I just wanted to see how good my odds are. I tried looking on Monster.com, but I know some places don't even post on there. I'll be living with family at first, at least, but I don't want to get up there and be totally screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan