Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 AM

749 posts, read 2,775,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
The fine is/was 500.00 and loss of hunting privleges for a number of years if caught.

Even if you don't like the laws they are to be abided by and worked at being changed.

My neighbour thinks it is OK to break the law by shooting a deer at night out of my yard if they are doing it to keep from going hungry.

So It is OK to rob a bank also if as you leave with a sack full of money you shout it is to feed my family RIGHT.

Any body going hungery today is either lazy or stupid. All the goverment programs plus the many churches and other help agencys provide many meals every day to the hungery and even those who pose at being hungery.

The point of the orginal post wasn't about the huge deer pouulation in the state, Mainly it was about the slobs who invade Michigans deer woods for about two weeks a year.

Al

Wow.....just,wow! Thats harsh and very judgemental.....makes me think different of you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 09:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,404,485 times
Quote:
The fine is/was 500.00 and loss of hunting privleges for a number of years if caught.

Even if you don't like the laws they are to be abided by and worked at being changed.

My neighbour thinks it is OK to break the law by shooting a deer at night out of my yard if they are doing it to keep from going hungry.

So It is OK to rob a bank also if as you leave with a sack full of money you shout it is to feed my family RIGHT.

Any body going hungery today is either lazy or stupid. All the goverment programs plus the many churches and other help agencys provide many meals every day to the hungery and even those who pose at being hungery.

The point of the orginal post wasn't about the huge deer pouulation in the state, Mainly it was about the slobs who invade Michigans deer woods for about two weeks a year.

Al
You paint with a very wide brush.

Just think of how much hunting helps the Michigan economy.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,825,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
Wow.....just,wow! Thats harsh and very judgemental.....makes me think different of you
Me too! I didn't know he was so sensible

Old 11-10-2010, 10:37 AM

271 posts, read 666,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Well...Im not huge of the baiting thing....how about longer gun and bow seasons as this would also help the economy. I know people who do not bait, and come away with their limit of deer.
I don't get into hunting anymore but when I was younger I hunted for 4 years, and got a deer each year. Never baited. My dad never believed in baiting either. Just pay more attention to tree rubs, deer runs, tracks, feces... and find out where the deer actually spend their time. Many days I wouldn't see anything and my first year it wasn't till the 2nd to last day I got a 4 pt. Takes a lot of patience to sit in the cold for hours on end perfectly still and quiet.

I know too many people who it is less deer camp and more beer camp. They take an old travel trailer, put a bait pile outside it, and shoot deer through the windows. They expect to fill their tags opening day then the rest of the season is one big party. Just my opinion but that's not true to the sport.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM

809 posts, read 1,954,372 times
Who needs bait piles when you have food plots? The biggest bait piles you can find contain field corn and alfalfa.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:57 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,915,910 times
I mean, I can see the argument for both sides, but to me hunting means just that...you HUNT down your prey. You are right...a lot of guys do the deer hunt thing to just get out there and drink beer or whatever, but if the serious hunter really wants to...he can get that deer (most of the time). And to me if you want to be known as a great hunter, you would never bait.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,116,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I mean, I can see the argument for both sides, but to me hunting means just that...you HUNT down your prey. You are right...a lot of guys do the deer hunt thing to just get out there and drink beer or whatever, but if the serious hunter really wants to...he can get that deer (most of the time). And to me if you want to be known as a great hunter, you would never bait.

not to start a fight or anything, but there are those that would say only a "real hunter" would use a bow. Then to look at it more deeply, you have the ones that say only "real hunters" use a recurve, not one of those compound bows with training wheels.

It goes on and on......

Anyway,

My family, friends, and I have never broken game laws. Well, there was that ONE time spearing carp.....

Carry on.

You have every right to your opinion my friend.

Hunt the way you wish.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
YAZ

Quote:

Al
Yeah, you should obey the law or face the consequences. And don't be ticked if someone reports you.

It is NOT OK to hunt on someone else's property without their permission.

The slobs who invade the north woods are good for business and thinning the deer herd, which is important. But prob'ly not so much fun if'n yer a land owner dealing with their BS. I've experienced that first hand, and I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling discovering 30-06 holes in the huntin' cabin.

It wasn't us.....

Just made me think....

I will never buy a cozy summer cabin on the Rifle River.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:36 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
Who needs bait piles when you have food plots? The biggest bait piles you can find contain field corn and alfalfa.

They'll start outlawing those too.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:16 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,648,253 times
I'll personally be glad when hunting season is over. I've had enough drunks with guns so-called "hunting" on my property to last my entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan