Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 AM

11 posts, read 33,504 times

Advertisements

Hi all! After winding up my final few months of medical training in freezing Boston, I'll be moving to south Florida to be a staff physician at the Univ. of Miami Hospitals in late June!

It's been a DREAM to wake up in a place everyday where I would have a direct view of the ocean :-)

I'm not into the bar/clubbing scene, I'm more about serene/safe surroundings.

I'd like to rent, and I'd like not to have to drive more than 30 minutes to get to the Univ. of Miami Hospitals campus.

Could someone please give me a few tips on what neighborhoods I should be focusing on?

I'd also appreciate any tips on where I can take sailing lessons, PADI diving lessons/certification, and kayaking-related stuff.

Many many thanks!!!!! :-)

iamdacure at hot mail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 10:06 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,506,601 times
I would suggest looking into Brickell, Key Biscayne and Miami Beach.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:07 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,496,586 times
A quality personality,like a future doc,is always an asset for a city & a community...

Look no further than Miami Beach,northern section more quiet ( ? ),southern more cosmopolitan...

Direct ocean view starts at $1500...( small balkony,low floors,older building).

Full size family apts at $2500 +

Beware of ads with misleading photos & text,presenting an apt with lateral/partial view
as "direct oceanfront "...

Old 01-10-2010, 12:52 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,693,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster1 View Post
Hi all! After winding up my final few months of medical training in freezing Boston, I'll be moving to south Florida to be a staff physician at the Univ. of Miami Hospitals in late June!

It's been a DREAM to wake up in a place everyday where I would have a direct view of the ocean :-)

I'm not into the bar/clubbing scene, I'm more about serene/safe surroundings.

I'd like to rent, and I'd like not to have to drive more than 30 minutes to get to the Univ. of Miami Hospitals campus.

Could someone please give me a few tips on what neighborhoods I should be focusing on?

I'd also appreciate any tips on where I can take sailing lessons, PADI diving lessons/certification, and kayaking-related stuff.

Many many thanks!!!!! :-)

iamdacure at hot mail
Congratulations!

I suggest that you look into Miami Beach, Brickell, North Bay Village, Bay Harbor Islands, and even the taller bay/ocean-view buildings on Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove. The views from all of these areas are gorgeous; you will never get sick of them.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
A quality personality,like a future doc,is always an asset for a city & a community...

Look no further than Miami Beach,northern section more quiet ( ? ),southern more cosmopolitan...

Direct ocean view starts at $1500...( small balkony,low floors,older building).

Full size family apts at $2500 +

Beware of ads with misleading photos & text,presenting an apt with lateral/partial view
as "direct oceanfront "...

Hi! Thanks for the tips, they're definitely things to keep in mind as I go through Craigslist

Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Congratulations!

I suggest that you look into Miami Beach, Brickell, North Bay Village, Bay Harbor Islands, and even the taller bay/ocean-view buildings on Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove. The views from all of these areas are gorgeous; you will never get sick of them.

It's all about the views, hopefully oceanic views, thanks for the tips!

Old 01-10-2010, 02:22 PM

Think deeply if u want ocean view,sea view eastwards or sea view westwards...
Its a puzzle...

Ocean view from Miami Beach may be monotonous,but deeply relaxating,zen like...U fantasize Bahamas,even...Europe...

Sea view eastwards is more interesting,many point of attention,with binoculars,but renders a feeling of...being deprived the ocean exodus...

Sea view westwards is fantastic ,especially during the night,many points of interest,intriguing,checking the city limits,still somehow u may feel deprived of that feeling of viewing ocean's "unlimited " horizon...

Personally,I chose rental Mia Beach ocean view for me & lady & seaview westwards for the 1-bd rental apt for my mother...

Do a lot of soulsearching...Pleasant soulsearching ...! One of the best trilemmas of your life...

Old 01-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Think deeply if u want ocean view,sea view eastwards or sea view westwards...
Its a puzzle...

Ocean view from Miami Beach may be monotonous,but deeply relaxating,zen like...U fantasize Bahamas,even...Europe...

Sea view eastwards is more interesting,many point of attention,with binoculars,but renders a feeling of...being deprived the ocean exodus...

Sea view westwards is fantastic ,especially during the night,many points of interest,intriguing,checking the city limits,still somehow u may feel deprived of that feeling of viewing ocean's "unlimited " horizon...

Personally,I chose rental Mia Beach ocean view for me & lady & seaview westwards for the 1-bd rental apt for my mother...

Do a lot of soulsearching...Pleasant soulsearching ...! One of the best trilemmas of your life...

Man that's poetic!

As "sappy" as it may sound, I'm totally about the zen/unlimited ocean/staring at the sun rising or setting thing than I am about looking at the city at night.

One concern is what I'd do during hurricane season. On second thought, I suppose I'd feel ALIVE, like I'm livin' on the edge as I stare down incoming tropical storms/hurricanes from behind my 200mph-proof window :-)

Also, if I could somehow find an affordable ocean-view apartment, a concern would be commute time to the Univ. of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital campus....

Old 01-10-2010, 03:44 PM

Well,one cannot have it all...
The best way to tolerate commute time is to have breakfast/lunch in the car,listen to the news,make your phone calls...
Multitasking...
U got to check commute time by yourself,don't rely on other people's estimates...

As a future doc u r privileged,everyone wants for tenant a high earner than a future unemployed...

It's a renter's market anyway,so u r the right kind of person at the right place on the right time...

Old 01-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Well,one cannot have it all...
The best way to tolerate commute time is to have breakfast/lunch in the car,listen to the news,make your phone calls...
Multitasking...
U got to check commute time by yourself,don't rely on other people's estimates...

As a future doc u r privileged,everyone wants for tenant a high earner than a future unemployed...

It's a renter's market anyway,so u r the right kind of person at the right place on the right time...

thanks again for the tips and comments... i'll try to make a trip sometime in March and see what i can find

cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami