Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 02:41 PM

233 posts, read 348,435 times

Advertisements

Any change since 2013?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 09:01 AM

41 posts, read 48,125 times
Escondudo? A hiding dude?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 AM

299 posts, read 381,158 times
Heck.. The rest of Florida doesn't even consider Miami to be part of Florida. South Florida is totally different from the rest of the state.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:08 AM

41 posts, read 48,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiver View Post
I don't speak a lick of Spanish and the first time I visited Miami I really felt like I wasn't in the US anymore. I was staying with a friend so I wasn't staying on the main hotel drag and hanging out in the high tourist areas. In stores, restaurants and just on the street, more people were speaking in Spanish rather than English and not just groups that knew each other, but the store clerks/waitresses to customers. Spanish seemed like the default language and I definitely felt strange that I couldn't speak it.

A bilingual city, just like many cities in the world.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:40 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,979,972 times
Miami is what it is, location, location, location, great investments to be made here along with a weak dollar.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23413454

Old 04-24-2015, 12:54 PM

227 posts, read 440,238 times
Nobody says El Paso is Mexican even it has a huge mexican presence.
Nobody says Maine is Canadian even it has a huge canadian presence.
Nobody says Hawaii is Japanese even it has a huge japanese presence.
Nobody says Louisiana is French even it has a huge french presence.
Nobody says Boston is Irish even it has a huge irish presence.
Nobody says Minnesota is Scandinavian even it has a huge scandinavian presence.

So why people keep telling that Miami is part of Latin America?
That's so stupid that's makes me laugh.

Miami is an American City. It has a large Hispanic presence, culture and population, but it's in the United States.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:23 AM

798 posts, read 1,469,705 times
And if Obama open up the border with his neighbor Cuba, this city will definitely will be an extension of that sunk country once for all.

Last edited by angelscorpio; 04-25-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 04-25-2015, 08:01 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,753,394 times
Miami is undoubtedly a Latin American city.
While geographically located in the US.... culturally, it is latin american through and through. They call it the northern most Latin American city and it's true. The people that live here are Latin... hailing from all over south and central America.... and the caribbean.... It's not like Boston, or NYC, or Philly, or LA or anywhere else in the US.... those cities are north american.... however not Miami. It's truly a bi-lingual city, however Spanish dominates.

The economy is tied to south America.... the people that live here almost all have family still in south America and visit south America often...

Old 04-25-2015, 12:54 PM

227 posts, read 440,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Miami is undoubtedly a Latin American city.
While geographically located in the US.... culturally, it is latin american through and through. They call it the northern most Latin American city and it's true. The people that live here are Latin... hailing from all over south and central America.... and the caribbean.... It's not like Boston, or NYC, or Philly, or LA or anywhere else in the US.... those cities are north american.... however not Miami. It's truly a bi-lingual city, however Spanish dominates.

The economy is tied to south America.... the people that live here almost all have family still in south America and visit south America often...
Based on that description, would you call El Paso a mexican city? Would you call an small town in North Dakota, where the majority of the population speak norwegian, a norwegian town?

Old 04-30-2015, 12:56 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,879,147 times
I went to Walmart yesterday and not one of the employees that I asked a question to could speak English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami