Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:02 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,441,792 times

Advertisements

Yep, 20.000 doctors on your way, and I bet they are a majority in every S. Florida hospital.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:59 PM

34 posts, read 85,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
^Not much.
We must have very different definitions of the word "much". I would consider $2B to be "way too much". And it can definitely only get worse. If phony (and more importantly, OBSOLETE) treatments can net a bunch of crooks that much from Medicare alone, imagine what they could do with the entire health care system in the palm of their hands. By palm of their hands I mean government employees who don't really care where our tax dollars go, of course.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,303,335 times
Medicare fraud is one of the reasons why healthcare is so expensive in this country. The fraudsters themselves are basically stealing taxpayers' money and profiteering from misery. If I had my way, I'd have them all jailed for life.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:23 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 913,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe_ToBe? View Post
We must have very different definitions of the word "much". I would consider $2B to be "way too much". And it can definitely only get worse. If phony (and more importantly, OBSOLETE) treatments can net a bunch of crooks that much from Medicare alone, imagine what they could do with the entire health care system in the palm of their hands. By palm of their hands I mean government employees who don't really care where our tax dollars go, of course.
Considering how poor our healthcare system currently is, based on costs, positive outcomes, whatever metric you want, our *private* system ain't exactly brag worthy compared to our peer nations.

The fraud that takes place in the Military system makes this $2B, truly, a drop in the bucket.

If we opened Medicare for every U.S. citizen--it would be the greatest thing we could do.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:08 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,810,811 times
The medical system her eis an utter failure. The lifespan is no better than many countries with less expensive medicine. With the current Medicare system each dying senior is a gold mine. Milk them till they are dry by keeping them alive a few months more. It is disgusting how this is tolerated.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:31 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,618,188 times
Quote:

If we opened Medicare for every U.S. citizen--it would be the greatest thing we could do.
Medicare thievery would go up proportionally as well.

DO you know anything about a "zero liability voter" ? They are voters who would not have to put anything into the system (ie medicare or Obama-care) but they would still be able to receive receive benefits. Who would pay for them? Anyone in the top 50% pay bracket in our country.

Also, zero liability voters are almost always democrats. Professional smooches they are...

Old 07-05-2009, 02:52 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 913,098 times
^No, it's called being a compassionate citizen. The present system bankrupts people/families when they ACTUALLY NEED healthcare.

I don't know about you but I'm tired of Big Pharma using Americans to subsidize other nations' meds. How else does the $100 pill here cost $10 in Canada?

If you want to read about actual "mooches" go read about the obscene money *flowing* around the Military and the Defense Contractors.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:15 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,303,335 times
Quote:
^No, it's called being a compassionate citizen. The present system bankrupts people/families when they ACTUALLY NEED healthcare.

I don't know about you but I'm tired of Big Pharma using Americans to subsidize other nations' meds. How else does the $100 pill here cost $10 in Canada?

If you want to read about actual "mooches" go read about the obscene money *flowing* around the Military and the Defense Contractors.
Great post...going to rep you for this.

There are a lot of Americans who need to realize that providing healthcare to all is not mooching, nor is it a welfare handout. Pretty much all other developed countries manage to provide coverage to ALL of their citizens at a fraction of the cost that we pay here in the US. Many of those countries have higher life expectancies than ours and no bankruptcies as a result of medical bills.

People are so afraid of the "public" option, yet we have public schools, libraries and police & fire services. What's the difference with healthcare, since after all, it's in the nation's interest to have an affordable healthcare system that covers everyone.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,618,188 times
Moderator cut: Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Great post...going to rep you for this.

There are a lot of Americans who need to realize that providing healthcare to all is not mooching, nor is it a welfare handout. Pretty much all other developed countries manage to provide coverage to ALL of their citizens at a fraction of the cost that we pay here in the US. Many of those countries have higher life expectancies than ours and no bankruptcies as a result of medical bills.

People are so afraid of the "public" option, yet we have public schools, libraries and police & fire services. What's the difference with healthcare, since after all, it's in the nation's interest to have an affordable healthcare system that covers everyone.

First of all, most of the people who aren't covered now are the poorest, which statistically means they are the most uhealthy. The unhealthiest are the most expensive to provide care for.

No matter what kind of universal coverage you can dream up, there will still be "net takers" and "net givers"...I don't condone the 'net taking' from any group of people to 'give' to another group of people. I would support any healthcare plan like social security, where you pay into it your whole life, not one where every year the middle and upper class are taxed at a higher rate to pay for disease and obecity related sicknesses among the working class.

Why do some Rx drugs cost more here? Because they are made here! When you buy from Canada you are buying genetically formulated drugs made in India or China. By the way, there are some drugs that cost a LOT more in Canada and Europe than here in the US.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,512,433 times
Lets try to keep this about Medicare Fraud, if we can't stay on topic, this thread will be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami