Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 06:32 PM

101 posts, read 359,158 times

Advertisements

I might take job at VA hospital, I trying to take a crash course on Miami, I'm from central florida and just came back from a job in dallas, this is what I would like help finding out, Which area to live that is easy drive to VA, maybe against the flow of traffic no more 30 mins, faimly- friendly, my hours of work are 7a to 7p, I have kids in ele,middle, and high. I need to rent 3/4bed. 1000-1450/ month. keep in mind I've never been to miami, I plan to come down on thur. and probably one day a week until august.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 06:46 PM

18 posts, read 77,368 times
If you work at the VA I would recommend taking the metro rail. There is station called Civic Center that will leave you right infront of the VA, and this would be easier than driving probably, as well as not having to deal with parking in the area.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:51 PM

763 posts, read 3,533,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canthardlywait View Post
If you work at the VA I would recommend taking the metro rail. There is station called Civic Center that will leave you right infront of the VA, and this would be easier than driving probably, as well as not having to deal with parking in the area.
Ditto. Forget driving to the Civic Center, just take Metrorail. You'll save yourself so much time, money and stress.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:43 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdavis View Post
I might take job at VA hospital, I trying to take a crash course on Miami, I'm from central florida and just came back from a job in dallas, this is what I would like help finding out, Which area to live that is easy drive to VA, maybe against the flow of traffic no more 30 mins, faimly- friendly, my hours of work are 7a to 7p, I have kids in ele,middle, and high. I need to rent 3/4bed. 1000-1450/ month. keep in mind I've never been to miami, I plan to come down on thur. and probably one day a week until august.

thanks

The Miami VA hospital is real nice . I used to go once a week for therapy in injury I had .

Yes like they said Metro train leaves you right there flight of stairs away from VA hospital the train is clean roomy and nice AC.
You can get a card there and you take Metro for Free so look into that.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM

101 posts, read 359,158 times
thank you, I will be in town tonight, I will look at the spinal injury unit that i am going to work on, can anyone tell me more about the neighborhoods, mostly the names that are close. I have a cousin that lives in little west river she said its about 15mins from the VA, could I live there and take the rail?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:38 PM

5 posts, read 4,170 times
I am due to relocate there as well. I just need to know what areas to stay away from. I am seeking a single family home for rent.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:44 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,891 times
anything north of the VA is a warzone.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:45 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,747,090 times
Jenabrown, along the metro rail corridor east of it there are very nice areas, we need more details to point you in the right direction such as budget, if you have kids and the school ages and if you want to rent or own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: