Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 09:32 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,237 times

Advertisements

I just read this cool little article about how we have more airlines from here than any other city 100 Airlines Now Fly To MIA - More Than Any Other U.S. Airport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 07:31 AM

361 posts, read 837,233 times
Yeah and we need to upgrade central terminal ASAP, this terminal is a shame for Miami.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:05 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,939,915 times
https://www.facebook.com/IflyMIA/pho...nf&pnref=story

Old 12-23-2014, 12:46 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,556 times
It's strange to see Eastern Airlines again. I guess it's just a matter of time before we see TWA and Pan Am make a comeback.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:31 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,004,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
It's strange to see Eastern Airlines again. I guess it's just a matter of time before we see TWA and Pan Am make a comeback.
TWA name is still owned by American. Pan Am has had so many comebacks and failures already. Some shipping/train company owns the name now anyway.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:40 PM

Some more news regarding new flights...http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...-european.html

Old 09-08-2015, 10:39 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,454 times
with the influx of Chinese theyre trying to get some asian airlines here. There was a position posting for Emirates cargo. Hopefully that would be the pathway for future commercial flights. I dont know why they picked Orlando though.

Old 09-09-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
with the influx of Chinese theyre trying to get some asian airlines here. There was a position posting for Emirates cargo. Hopefully that would be the pathway for future commercial flights. I dont know why they picked Orlando though.
Yes I cant wait till we get our first flights directly to Asia. Orlando has sent some people over there to negotiate some deals because I mean China one of worlds largest economies is a market that we never have tapped into here as much as other places. Traditionally the Chinese were always drawn to NYC and LA because of their existing large Asian population as well as businesses like Miami is with Latin America as well as Europe.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:37 PM

91 posts, read 82,102 times
I am interested in the local preferences for use of MIA and FLL. I've read that many people within the US prefer to land in FLL to reach Miami. I'm not sure if it's true.

But I'm more interested in is about about local originating traffic from Miami-Dade County. Anyone know what most prefer to use? Suppose the same fare, same airline, same reasonable schedule, would it be obvious that Miami-Dade County based residents would opt to use MIA and Broward County residents would opt to use FLL?

Does cruise traffic from the mainland US tend to use FLL, while business traffic originating in Miami use MIA, and does most business type traffic originate in MIA/Miami over Ft.Lauderdale, or is it split, or very airline specific, or more segregated by long haul international vs. short haul?

Old 10-24-2015, 02:32 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,318,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
because I mean China one of worlds largest economies is a market that we never have tapped into here as much as other places.
I can't wait until Miami taps into the Chinese market. This is going to bring so many benefits, like ... ummm ... give me a minute. Oh, I know! Finally Miami will have speculative capital to invest in Miami real estate. This has always been a critical shortage here. And Miami can start selling its products into the Chinese market. Sure, China blocks their markets to foreigners, but Miami's crack civil leadership will solve that puzzle. And while they're at it they can come up with something for Miamians to actually produce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami