Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:27 PM

227 posts, read 437,900 times

Advertisements

Why we can't find middle-class american suburbs like this in Dade?

19115-19125 Cimmaron Court, Walnut, California 91789, EE. UU. | Instant Google Street View (Walnut, CA)
1403 Clementine Court, Fort Collins, Colorado, Estados Unidos | Instant Google Street View (Fort Collins, CO)
9208 Hidden Bay Lane, Bay Hill, Florida, Estados Unidos | Instant Google Street View (Orlando, FL)

These kind of suburbs can be found on almost every corner in America, from San Diego to DC.
Even Broward County has it own suburbs (Sunrise, Weston and Plantation, i.e.).

I know there is some suburbs in West Dade (Kendall West and Tamiami), but it looks very different in comparison from my past examples.

Is there an explenation for that?

EDIT: my question is about Miami-Dade County

Last edited by ThomasMatthews; 01-11-2014 at 09:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 09:04 PM

167 posts, read 246,609 times
Miami does have those kind of suburbs. Probably all it's suburbs, definitely all the ones I've seen, which have been most, with exceptions of some of its beach suburbs, are like that. Also, Broward county is part of Miami so you just answered yourself lol.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
I don't know up to what point is Broward county part of Miami but I do know that they are on this Forum.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:12 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,746,245 times
You will find a LOT of Areas that looks just like the second and third option, but with smaller yards....NO THANKS!!!!

We are very happy in whispering pines to be in our own little every house has a character and not developed like cookie cutters.

Gated communities will give you that look but you will be right on top of each other.

We love our small town vibe here and probably would compare it to Miami springs but they are restrictive property wise.

Zoning off to small cities like Pinecrest, Palmetto bay and our own Culter bay does make a impact.

As far as explanation, we have very little land that can be developed and we are over crowded.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
My eyes, MY EYES!!!!

There are plenty of places that look like that. If you haven't seen them you might want to get to an optometrist.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,746,245 times
Actually. ..... WHY would you want to live in them? I am sorry OP but to me this is a nightmare. Ok I will fall back, to each his own, but to better understand you and point you to other places what are you looking for if relocating and what do you want.

You have really quaint places in the grove, gables, palmetto bay and f course Pinecrest.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:35 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
We have neighborhood that resemble those tree with the exception of maybe the landscaping and trees. Miami in general, with the exception of some areas, is rather blight when it comes to lush landscapes and large trees.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:28 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Guess you never been to Pincrest? Coral Gables? Miami Lakes? Weston? South Miami? Miami has plenty of nice looking suburbs so honestly I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Miami is also a very dense area with not much room to build. Trust me if the Everglades were not protected (thankfully they are) Miami would be suburbia paridise.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMatthews View Post
Why we can't find middle-class american suburbs like this in Dade?

19115-19125 Cimmaron Court, Walnut, California 91789, EE. UU. | Instant Google Street View (Walnut, CA)
1403 Clementine Court, Fort Collins, Colorado, Estados Unidos | Instant Google Street View (Fort Collins, CO)
9208 Hidden Bay Lane, Bay Hill, Florida, Estados Unidos | Instant Google Street View (Orlando, FL)

These kind of suburbs can be found on almost every corner in America, from San Diego to DC.
Even Broward County has it own suburbs (Sunrise, Weston and Plantation, i.e.).

I know there is some suburbs in West Dade (Kendall West and Tamiami), but it looks very different in comparison from my past examples.

Is there an explenation for that?

EDIT: my question is about Miami-Dade County
Basically what your trying to say is that Miami doesn't have what people in the Northeast would call "happy White suburbs".

Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 AM

269 posts, read 247,582 times
OP: Miami has some suburbs like this but because of the real estate market, Miami-Dade neighborhoods with homes like these tend to be very, very expensive. I think that is why, and as I inferred from your post, families and singles who want to live in these types of homes and neighborhoods often choose to commute from Broward County neighborhoods in Pembroke Pines, Davie, Plantation, Sunrise, Coral Springs, or Weston, etc. Generally, there are reasonably priced homes in great neighborhoods in Broward and within a 45 minute commute to many jobs in Miami-Dade. I work in Doral and many of my co-workers commute from these areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami