Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,771 times

Advertisements

Last month has been the best December I can remember temperature wise. It is interesting that by mid December I was SO HAPPY with the unusually cooler than average temps in Miami. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the information on the links. Interestingly, Last Jan-March was unusually cooler than normal, followed by an extremely hot summer which broke records and overall was much warmer than normal. Then December was the coldest on record. It is interesting how in 2010 Miami and South Florida experienced extreme temperatures and breaking records in the summer and winter.

Coldest December Ever! « CBS Miami – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and Miami's Best (http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/01/03/coldest-december-ever/ - broken link)

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/images/mfl/n...0WxSummary.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 03:51 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
I've been miserable and all my plants are dying.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Last month has been the best December I can remember temperature wise. It is interesting that by mid December I was SO HAPPY with the unusually cooler than average temps in Miami. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the information on the links. Interestingly, Last Jan-March was unusually cooler than normal, followed by an extremely hot summer which broke records and overall was much warmer than normal. Then December was the coldest on record. It is interesting how in 2010 Miami and South Florida experienced extreme temperatures and breaking records in the summer and winter.
And as someone who works outside all day long, I felt every last degree in January 2009, (geeeeeeesh! It was so cold for a few days that the fish all froze to death in our canals), and the boiling, searing heat in June. I actually got a heat injury.

This December has had its colder days, (yesterday and the day before were not pleasant for giving tours), but overall, it's been pleasant and I've enjoyed it.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM

I grow rainforest ultratropicals. some of which can die at 45 degrees. It hasn't been a good winter for them.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 PM

From December 1st-today, I have not had a need to have either the AC or heater running. That is 44 days and counting. Looking at the 10 day forecast it looks like this pattern will continue until at least Tue. or Wed. when it is suppose to get warmer. Even then, I do not think there will be a need to crank the AC. I am sure enjoying these temps.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
I grow rainforest ultratropicals. some of which can die at 45 degrees. It hasn't been a good winter for them.
Well that is a different story. Fortunately for you these are not normal temps down here. I forgot where I read it at, but I read somewhere where we are expecting to have a shorter winter than last year. Up until now December has been much colder than Jan. I just hope we do not get extreme heat early this year. That I do not like.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:31 PM

Yeah 2010 was a rough year. extremely cold winter (frost) and extremely hot summer. wasn't good for growing any sort of crops. the farmers out in the redlands couldn't stand it. makes it extremely hard for them to be profitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: