Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
I don't know Rock, they must be going to the same places you go in Miami because I really can't say service in Miami is that different from Broward's. Service workers for the most part, just do their job, they are low paid, and you cant Really have huge expectations in my opinion. The other places I'm somewhow familiar are on Floridas West Coast, pretty much the same thing.

I must have done hundreads of Transactions in Broward so I'm not basing my post on a random transaction. It's really not any different from Miami Dade, except maybe that the worker will always speak fluent English in Broward

where I notice the difference is in Northern Florida, but more with regular people that hold doors and say hi to everybody, but the service to me it's pretty much the same.

Jclacy complaints are so random and unsual, I can't really recommend anything to him. He will probably end up in the bad areas of pompano, pembroke rd and come back here and complain about his neighbors. In my opinion they should go back to Texas where homes are bigger and more affordable.
He is complaining about the same thing every other rant on this forum complains about. Rude people, poor service, 3rd world culture in Miami etc. etc. just do a search on the forums. This is nothing new.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:06 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,065,382 times
No his complaints are about getting counterfit money from an ATM twice(funny how he has an excellent recallection of most events except for the locations of these ATMs) being overcharged, moving to one of the worst areas in Miami and then whining about his neighbors. Sorry his story is not usual. People don't move from a good area to a ghetto in another city. I don't know much about Dallas, NYC or LA but I think I wouldn't move to east NY, south Dallas or Compton especially after asking in a forum and being advised against those areas. His story doesn't add up, his writing style doesn't match the personality of a naive person, but more of a teenage troll who is to afraid to name an ATM location and get tge Feds after him.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,079,932 times
Quote:
No his complaints are about getting counterfit money from an ATM twice(funny how he has an excellent recallection of most events except for the locations of these ATMs) being overcharged, moving to one of the worst areas in Miami and then whining about his neighbors. Sorry his story is not usual. People don't move from a good area to a ghetto in another city. I don't know much about Dallas, NYC or LA but I think I wouldn't move to east NY, south Dallas or Compton especially after asking in a forum and being advised against those areas. His story doesn't add up, his writing style doesn't match the personality of a naive person, but more of a teenage troll who is to afraid to name an ATM location and get tge Feds after him.

Wow ... you are good .... you should be a private investigator or better yet bounty hunter !!!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:02 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,079,932 times
Quote:
I don't know Rock, they must be going to the same places you go in Miami because I really can't say service in Miami is that different from Broward's. Service workers for the most part, just do their job, they are low paid, and you cant Really have huge expectations in my opinion. The other places I'm somewhow familiar are on Floridas West Coast, pretty much the same thing.

I must have done hundreads of Transactions in Broward so I'm not basing my post on a random transaction. It's really not any different from Miami Dade, except maybe that the worker will always speak fluent English in Broward

where I notice the difference is in Northern Florida, but more with regular people that hold doors and say hi to everybody, but the service to me it's pretty much the same.

Jclacy complaints are so random and unsual, I can't really recommend anything to him. He will probably end up in the bad areas of pompano, pembroke rd and come back here and complain about his neighbors. In my opinion they should go back to Texas where homes are bigger and more affordable.
I guess some of the non Spanish speakers on this forum .... take the lack of English or refusal to speak English on the part of service workers as rudeness ... it is at least in my eyes ... you are correct you have much , much less of that in Broward or Palm Beach . Agree that service is pretty much the same here as in North Florida , Southern Georgia , Montana whatever ... I guess the expectations are high for some on here when they frequent Taco Bell , Mc Donalds or even their local 7-11 stores ... now regular people are much more friendly and/ or courteous on the west coast and north east of Florida than So Fla and Miami Dade .. agree with you there .

Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
You have honed in on a FEW of his over all complaints. Or maybe you skimmed through his complaints, not sure which. The consistent theme in EVERY post of his is rude people, running like a third world country, lack of business skills here. And that my friend is what EVERYONE complains about here, that takes the time to complain. He is not unusual. You have chosen to pick out one story in particular of his and make it his grand theme and it isn't.

And your right, you dont know NYC. Comparing East New York (which is bad in parts) is in no way comparable to Lemon City, which is where he lives. Lemon City is beyond gangster territory. I have been over there at night and besides people on that main drag on US1, NO ONE is out at night in that neighborhood. Its fairly quiet.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,065,382 times
Well I wouldn't move there. It's common sense. The guy claims to be white, is it logical to move to a black area where you stick out like a sore thumb? Do I move to a poor Dangerous project in NYC and then whine about seeing drug deals on the hallways and go to their board and warn everyone that the city is full of criminals based on my crappy choice? I think common sense will tell me I can expect those kind of things. Just like if I moved to a trailer park in West Virginia and complained about the drugs and the trashy junkies. At least if I wanna blend in I'll move to a poor Hispanic neighborhood. It's just common sense.

And no there is plenty of material to choose from, just go back and read the first post. The scooter, the car story, tge dogs barking, no realtors returning his calls, the dry cleaning story. C'mon. No one has such bad luck, and if that were the case no one would live in the middle or upper class neighborhoods.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 12-28-2010 at 09:47 AM..

Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,203,861 times
Quote:
At least if I wanna blend in I'll move to a poor Hispanic neighborhood. It's just common sense.
Princess, sometimes there are people who can't fit in any neighborhood. Just letting you know, even though that's not the case with JM.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Well I wouldn't move there. It's common sense. The guy claims to be white, is it logical to move to a black area where you stick out like a sore thumb? Do I move to a poor Dangerous project in NYC and then whine about seeing drug deals on the hallways and go to their board and warn everyone that the city is full of criminals based on my crappy choice? I think common sense will tell me I can expect those kind of things. Just like if I moved to a trailer park in West Virginia and complained about the drugs and the trashy junkies. At least if I wanna blend in I'll move to a poor Hispanic neighborhood. It's just common sense.

And no there is plenty of material to choose from, just go back and read the first post. The scooter, the car story, tge dogs barking, no realtors returning his calls, the dry cleaning story. C'mon. No one has such bad luck, and if that were the case no one would live in the middle or upper class neighborhoods.
*sigh* smh

Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 AM

911 posts, read 1,714,694 times
@Princess. I'm asking you politely to please be respectful to me and I will to you.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:28 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,139,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I agree with about 50% of your post here ... in fact many of your posts are right on but not this one ... Florida is a transient state no doubt similar to California and Nevada and it certainly does attract its share of weirdos .... but I am adamant about the fact that much of the rest of Florida is very , very different from Miami . No southern charm or hospitality in Jacksonville , Tallahassee , Gainesville , St. Augustine , Ponte Vedra , Panama City , Fernandina Beach , Dunedin are you serious ? ... I can go on and on ... all nice places to live with very nice people and good service that so many people complain lacks in Miami . You do not even have to go that far north ... I was in Palm Beach Gardens and in Abacoa ( Jupiter ) with my family recently and we were very happy with the service at all establishments and how nice everything was ... go farther north to Stuart or even Vero Beach and tell me service is bad or people are rude ( untrue ) .... where do some posters here go or what businesses do they frequent that they receive so much shoddy service ... is it me ... I guess I have a halo around my head ... I meet nice , friendly people all the time down here and in Florida in general .. yes there are a holes ... but I encounter just as many when I am up in Connecticut or Massachusetts every other month .... I was in So Cal less than three weeks ago ... mind you I love So Cal but I did not not feel that people were any nicer than in So Fla ( sans Dade ) ... I travel the US , Latin America and The Caribbean extensively on business and the only place that I go to that really stands out on the "niceness " factor to me is Houston .. the rest to me is not that much better than SoFla .. again where does every one go that they encounter a holes every day ... why is that I do not encounter that as much as others here claim ?
Sorry rock, but St. Augusting is Spanish (not "southern") and the word touristy would apply more so than southern. Tallahasse has a political vibe. Jacksonville doesn't feel like the old south at all...Gainsville is about the university...so I don't think you are going to give JM an accurate idea of what those places are like if you tell him they are like the south. NONE of those cities is like Macon, Georgia! They are spinoffs of Florida that cater to different segments or needs of the state...but the people and mentality in those cities is very Floridian and is influenced by many things, but hospitality and a slow pace as the south is known for, is not one of them.

I also have been to many places just outside of SoFla and there is no invisible line where good service starts up. Florida is Florida. Things improve outside of SE Florida, but it isn't day and night. People aren't especially nice or friendly going past Lake Okeechobee...just less hostile and angry. For you, coming from Miami, you probably view it that way...but for someone coming from Texas, a Texan (the people who live and die by hospitality and good customer service) will not have the same experience as you.

Your posts are usually balanced but they seem to be written for people who are very familiar with Miami....vs people from elsewhere. For you and me, Broward may be more "relaxed" than Miami. To say that to a poster from Michigan is kind of misleading because there isn't that much of a difference for a person who isn't used to living in Miami. That is the point I am trying to make about the rest of Florida as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami