Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,173 times

Advertisements

When the Taliban and Al Qaeda attacked the U.S. embassies in Africa, Clinton attacked their bases. The U.S. consulate in Mexico has now been attacked.

3 people associated with U.S. consulate killed in Mexico - CNN.com

Old 03-14-2010, 05:25 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Anyone who thinks Mexico's instability is not a threat to the national security of the United States is living in la-la land. These attacks WERE NOT random, the cartel gunmen knew damn well who they were pumping bullets into.

I think it's time that we evacuate the family members of all US diplomatic officials in Mexico and send additional US Marines to the embassy and consulates.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:29 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
BAD statement...I've been to the Embassy and it is walled in with a guard at the Gate and you have to show ID to enter. Same with the Consulate in TJ...have been there also.

The killings were done on the outside in a car...NOT the Embassy/Consulate itself.

Get your facts straight before posting.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:37 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,877,389 times
You really don't know the back story though, lots of reports or suspected corruption in consulates so its hard to say if there was something going on there. Of course Mexico's crime is a threat to US security, but it doesn't take incidents like this to make that clear. All officials are watching this, but Mexico is a sovereign country and we have to let them solve their own problems on their own soil. We've offered anything and everything to them to help out, but there are limits to what they will accept. Working as a US official in Mexico is well known to be dangerous and its been that way for over a decade.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
BAD statement...I've been to the Embassy and it is walled in with a guard at the Gate and you have to show ID to enter. Same with the Consulate in TJ...have been there also.

The killings were done on the outside in a car...NOT the Embassy/Consulate itself.

True the killings were done outside the Consulate but these victims were targetted, that much is clear. Someone is trying to pull the US into this. This brings things to another level.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Anyone who thinks Mexico's instability is not a threat to the national security of the United States is living in la-la land. These attacks WERE NOT random, the cartel gunmen knew damn well who they were pumping bullets into.

I think it's time that we evacuate the family members of all US diplomatic officials in Mexico and send additional US Marines to the embassy and consulates.
Which cartel? It really wouldn't be in most cartel's interests to bring the USA government into this. Why would they want to disrupt their operations in the USA by risking having the border secured? I doubt most of the cartels want the US military going into their country.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

Don't blame me for your assumptions. To me, any living person at a U.S. embassy is part of that embassy. Same thing goes for the consulate. Don't make excuses for these murderers.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Which cartel? It really wouldn't be in most cartel's interests to bring the USA government into this. Why would they want to disrupt their operations in the USA by risking having the border secured? I doubt most of the cartels want the US military going into their country.
The cartel is to blame for this level of violence.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
The cartel is to blame for this level of violence.
Supposedly it was La Linea - the Juarez Cartel behind this. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they must be losing enough control over smuggling routes that it doesn't matter to them now if the USA becomes involved and some level of enforcement is even done on the border that could hinder shipments coming into the US. If another cartel was gaining control, bringing our government in could slow them down by limiting their access -- if we do something about the border.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Supposedly it was La Linea - the Juarez Cartel behind this. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they must be losing enough control over smuggling routes that it doesn't matter to them now if the USA becomes involved and some level of enforcement is even done on the border that could hinder shipments coming into the US. If another cartel was gaining control, bringing our government in could slow them down by limiting their access -- if we do something about the border.
Truth is I do not know enough about their way of life. (That is a good thing.) I do know that they are wrong and should be stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.