Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 15,768 times

Advertisements

Hello well I was wondering what do you guys think my family looks racially and ethnically.My families from Mexico. So were mexicans but to my umderstanding Mexico is ethniclly diverse. So heres some pics of me and my family. C: Do we look like White Mexicans or something else. Thank you. Give me your honest opinion White, Mestizo, Afro, Indigneous, a little bit of each prodeminately something, etc.

So heres 2 pics of me

2 pics of my mom

A pic of my dad

A pic of little bro and sister

A pic of my sister
Moderator cut: image removed

2 pics of my older bro

2 pics of my sister
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 05:48 PM

836 posts, read 2,948,606 times
I think your family look white, but are ethnically mestizo.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:31 PM

10,100 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Does it matter when you're that cute?

Don't worry about this stuff. Life is too short to waste on things that are not that important.

Much more important is culture, education, and being a good person at heart.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
I was asked the same question several times by girls in DF.

You look like a Latina. You look like a Latina without a lot of Indio mixed in, maybe a little, but Latina, not Blanca.

I think culture affects appearance. I think if your family lived for generations in the US, you might look Blanca.

Very pretty family BTW.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:30 AM

355 posts, read 1,190,370 times
If I saw your family in Spain, I'd say they were from someplace in Latin America or the US.
Many Americans also have similar looks because they are mixed with different races, and they don't have features we are familiarised with.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:10 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
In a border state, I would definitely recognize you all as Mexican-connected, but because so many Mexicans have so many different mixtures, I wouldn't try to break it down any more than that.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 PM

155 posts, read 360,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirl16 View Post
Hello well I was wondering what do you guys think my family looks racially and ethnically.My families from Mexico. So were mexicans but to my umderstanding Mexico is ethniclly diverse. So heres some pics of me and my family. C: Do we look like White Mexicans or something else. Thank you. Give me your honest opinion White, Mestizo, Afro, Indigneous, a little bit of each prodeminately something, etc.
You are such a good looking mestizo girl.

Your mother has a certain European descend, she is mestizo as well.

Your father has definitely indigenous roots from central or western Mexico, is he from Nayarit, perhaps Jalisco? Some of his ancestors might as well have been of Spanish descend mixed with Moros/Arabs.

Do not know why, but your brother looks a bit Afro to me (life is so strange and has so many surprises...one cannot tell).

You are all Mexican mestizos.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:12 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
You look like a Latina. You look like a Latina without a lot of Indio mixed in, maybe a little, but Latina, not Blanca.
So, latinos can't be white?

Do you consider Sofia Vergara latina but not white?

Latino is not a race, even if they are mixed if their genes are the dominant white, then they can be seen as white like this girl on the photos.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 AM

32 posts, read 156,621 times
I guess you're all Mestizo? You and your mother and first look like you have more of a European background than your father. Your brother and second sister...if they werre in Mexico CIty, they would be singled out as "pochos" or "Chicanos" right away...they look very "Americanized" in the way they dress! Your bro does look like he has some Afro in him

Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Your brother and mother definitely look Mestizo. You look more on the European side. Can't tell too much with your sister or father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico