Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 06:00 AM

913 posts, read 2,361,243 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a daily driver and found the car with all the options a want. Of course it is a few hundred miles away. According to Carfax, it looks like in May of 2015 it sustained damage, as it says "Damage reported" and "Damage to rear". In Sept of 2015 it says "Vehicle sold at auction", "Structural damage reported", "Unibody damage disclosed by seller based on results of a visual inspection". Looking at it closer, the air bags didn't deploy. I'm not sure if the damage was because of a collision with another car or not. Any ideas what could cause structural damage but not cause the airbags to deploy? Would any damage to a body panel be considered "structural damage" with a unibody car? I know I need an inspection that includes a structural report. Any suggestions who may be able to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 11:23 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
Take it to your local Mercedes dealership and have them do an inspection. They can pull any codes that would have happened from the accident. They can also look at the underbody and can tell if the car has been clamped down by a frame pulling machine to fix any structural damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart