Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2022, 07:27 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,884,541 times

Advertisements

https://www.fisherwallace.com/produc...stimulator-299

I decided if it was worthless I could resell it on eBay.

However, it actually seems to work! I feel less depressed when I use it regularly (each evening at bedtime for 20 minutes). I fall asleep instantly, sleep well, and my depression has eased up a great deal. I've even gained the confidence to start group therapy, and to begin planning a job hunt for next year and possibly even a move to a different city with a better social scene. (I tried so hard but I hate where I live)

I stopped using it briefly when the batteries died and it took me some time to get more. I started feeling worse. THen I stopped using it when I travelled for thanksgiving, again, I felt a dip in my mood.

It's the dumbest thing. you put these pads under a headband and sit while it pulses for 20 minutes. THat's it. How on earth does it work?? I don't know.

But in my 3 year quest to get out of my major depression, I've tried a lot of things, and this is the only thing that seems to help. So I'm sticking with it.

Just thought I'd let you know.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 08:04 AM

14,938 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
https://www.fisherwallace.com/produc...stimulator-299

I decided if it was worthless I could resell it on eBay.

However, it actually seems to work! I feel less depressed when I use it regularly (each evening at bedtime for 20 minutes). I fall asleep instantly, sleep well, and my depression has eased up a great deal. I've even gained the confidence to start group therapy, and to begin planning a job hunt for next year and possibly even a move to a different city with a better social scene. (I tried so hard but I hate where I live)

I stopped using it briefly when the batteries died and it took me some time to get more. I started feeling worse. THen I stopped using it when I travelled for thanksgiving, again, I felt a dip in my mood.

It's the dumbest thing. you put these pads under a headband and sit while it pulses for 20 minutes. THat's it. How on earth does it work?? I don't know.

But in my 3 year quest to get out of my major depression, I've tried a lot of things, and this is the only thing that seems to help. So I'm sticking with it.

No reason to be embarrassed. Whether you've improved because of the stimulator, or a placebo effect that has helped you to improve your mood/ outlook ( I'm a strong believer in the positive effects of placebos) doesn't matter. It's worked for you, and I say more power to you. Hope it gets better and better.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:17 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,825,814 times
When I read the thread title, I pictured a different type of stimulator.

Then I read, re-sell it on Ebay?

After I clicked the link, I wondered why would this item make you feel embarrassed?

If it works for you, great!

Old 12-09-2022, 03:53 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post

That is wonderful! Happy it is working for you.

Old 12-09-2022, 07:54 PM

257 posts, read 165,758 times

I am not that good at electronics yet but I am into it. When I get into stuff I tend to master it.

So what the heck are they doing trying to play around with "brain waves"?

Now I got to search what a brain wave actually is

I guess this could work but what do I know I just spent 90 seconds researching it.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:00 PM

257 posts, read 165,758 times
I am very skeptical.

Ya sure pasted two images one after searching Fisher-Wallace Stimulator scematic diagram and one image after searching brain waves.

There is no evidence this electrical device can even effect brain waves on top of the fact I don't even know if their really is such a thing as brain waves.

90 seconds of search means nothing.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:09 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,341,971 times
30 minutes in my massage chair helps alot too, but my chair was expensive and not very portable! Good for you!

Old 12-10-2022, 01:20 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootDiabetic View Post
on top of the fact I don't even know if their really is such a thing as brain waves.
Even 90 seconds of searching would have clarified this one:

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/brain-waves

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...es/brain-waves

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/brain-waves/

https://www.healthline.com/health/alpha-brain-waves

The list of references is endless.

Old 12-11-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootDiabetic View Post
I am very skeptical.

Ya sure pasted two images one after searching Fisher-Wallace Stimulator scematic diagram and one image after searching brain waves.

There is no evidence this electrical device can even effect brain waves on top of the fact I don't even know if their really is such a thing as brain waves.

90 seconds of search means nothing.
I'm skeptical too...but this time last year I was laying on my couch, too depressed to put decorations on my tree. This year I'm baking cookies and cleaning my house for company. I have nothing else to give the credit to...I feel less depressed and this device is the only thing truly different in my life.

As travelassie said, it may be a placebo effect, if so, I'll take it!

Old 12-11-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
When I read the thread title, I pictured a different type of stimulator.

Then I read, re-sell it on Ebay?

After I clicked the link, I wondered why would this item make you feel embarrassed?

If it works for you, great!
Because I spent $300 on what appears to $5 worth of hardware that is somehow stimulating my brain waves into making me feel better. It's too stupid to be real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health