Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 AM

19 posts, read 29,529 times

Advertisements

Moving to Memphis soon, and was wondering where are some good places for photo ops of the river, and the city skyline? I love watching barges go down the river, and I will be interested in getting some good photographs of them. Some shots of the city skyline would be good too. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 06:10 AM

448 posts, read 871,049 times
Try along the riverwalk for the river. If you just walk around downtown from there, you should see a lot of good shots from there

Old 08-27-2013, 04:13 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,339,350 times
Start on the southern end of Riverside Drive, and just keep going north, following either Riverside Drive or Front Street until you hit Auction, take the Auction bridge and keep going north on Mud Island. If you go along Front Street above Riverside Drive, get out of the car and walk the bluffwalk/trolley tracks. Beautiful vistas all along the way of the river, and a nice way to scrunch up downtown, which can require panorama settings if you look at it from the east or west.

Throughout downtown there are beautiful buildings to focus a downtown shot around.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:11 AM

44 posts, read 50,379 times
I took some very impressive shots from the West Memphis marshy banks and bridge looking eastward at about 5p with great sun reflection/setting off the building and Mud Island. I also took several a bit later, *almost sunset, which gave a much warmer image IMHO.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,246,239 times
I like to park right in front of the old Tennessee Brewery and walk up the bluff park there, between the single-family houses and the brewery. There's a nice bluffwalk that's great for shots of the river and bridge.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I like to park right in front of the old Tennessee Brewery and walk up the bluff park there, between the single-family houses and the brewery. There's a nice bluffwalk that's great for shots of the river and bridge.
Yes! I love that walk, too, and it does offer some great views of downtown and the river.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-02-2013, 08:51 PM

190 posts, read 650,173 times
Default Photo Ops

I do pro photography work. Look for these locations

First, at the Metal Museum in South Memphis. It is high above the river and has a nice landing to get great photos of the river and some barges.

Tom Lee park is the next location I use, great for barges and great for the Hernando Desoto Bridge. You can also get a good shot of the City skyline from there or at least a part of it.

Harbor Town on Mud Island is another great spot for the bridge and barges. You can also go onto the Mud Island Park and shoot from there and that will give you some good photo ops.

However, I recommend at least one flight in a helicopter and fly up and down the river, over the city, over the pyramid. You will not be sorry if you have some extra cash.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis