Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 02:54 PM

29 posts, read 134,572 times

Advertisements

Okay so I know that there are alot of Moving to Hawaii threads, but some answer my questions while others don't. My husband, 3 year old daughter and I will be moving to Maui next Fall (November-ish) and will be residing there for a year or so. Husband is currently in culinary school and has gotten some offers in Maui that we don't want to turn down. Now, we have our whole life here in the states. Wondering is there any sites or places I can go for checklists on what to bring and not to bring. Like I said we are "planning" on only living there for a year or so (of course we could always fall in love and end up staying, but I doubt it). We do not plan on bringing our cars, pets, or unnecessary furniture items. We aren't spoiled, so a year without our "luxuries" shouldn't be such a big deal. I don't even really know where to start, which is why I'm starting a year early. I know that Maui is expensive. We have found someone who will have a place for rent right around that time frame so we have somewhat of a start. My daughter will be 4 by the time we move. What are some good schools etc in the area. She will still be in preschool. What about healthcare on the island. Can anyone offer any information? Cheap rental houses, I know I said I have 1 possibility, but that could always fall through...?? Transportation options if we don't bring our cars..? Anything else we may miss in the hustle and bustle....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui