Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 11:51 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,640,733 times

Advertisements

I am going to a wedding in Brewster Mass., which I believe is near Cape Cod and need some advice on where to stay? The wedding itself is in the Ocean's Edge Resort. The B&G were able to reserve a block of rooms at the resort itself, but they require a 3-night minimum, and my wife and I can only stay for 2-nights, so trying to look for other options.

Ideally, we would want to be as close to the Ocean's Edge Resort and possibly the cape cod area as well so we can enjoy a day by the beach and shopping/food perhaps?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 08:14 PM

32 posts, read 78,739 times
Brewster and Ocean Edge are on the Cape. I would think if you ask for a two night stay they will accomodate you. This area is around exit 11 off of Route 6 about 35 minutes to Provincetown so about the middle of the Cape and 35 mins from the bridge. I think this a great location for you to enjoy what the Cape has to offer. If they dont accomodate you check tripadvisor. I live in Harwich the neighboring town for the summer and there are some nice resorts there... In Brewster all I know is Ocean Edge. You'll have a great time!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 AM

12,908 posts, read 22,073,069 times
^You may be able to get a cottage in a nearby neighborhood for two nights. We used to rent on Ellis Landing Road which is right next to Ocean Edge. We used to walk down the beach to the resort. My family owns a home now just a short distance away on the same beach. There are tons of rental options. I don't know many hotel/motels right in that area though. I think the advice to call and ask if they can accommodate you for two nights is good. Give it a shot, it can't hurt.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:47 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,457,218 times
There are a handful of wonderful inns in Brewster. I've lived there for 30 years. The closest to Ocean Edge would be the Old Sea Pines Inn. It's a lovely old inn and has been owned by the current owners for about 30 years. http://oldseapinesinn.com

Chillingsworth is a little closer, but is higher priced. Chillingsworth Restaurant: Four Star French Fine Dining

The Bramble Inn is another wonderful little inn, quite tony and flush with special amenities. The Bramble Inn, Cape Cod. Fine dining and accommodations

A little further up the road (1/2 mile at most) is the Captain Freeman Inn. Very highly appointed. http://captainfreemaninn.com

And one more, last, but by no means least:

http://candleberryinn.com A very old inn with a wonderful setting and full of charm throughout.

If I can assist you with any further information on the town or things to see and do, please feel free to drop me a private message. Brewster is a beautiful town, halfway down Cape Cod on the north side, which is scenic and quieter than the southern side of the Cape.

You didn't mention what month you're attending the wedding. Traffic could be an issue depending on the month.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:37 AM

15 posts, read 68,308 times
BTW...if you don't want to sound like a 'wash-ashore' you should say you are staying "on Cape" not "in Cape Cod"!

Old 04-04-2010, 05:26 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,633,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
I am going to a wedding in Brewster Mass., which I believe is near Cape Cod and need some advice on where to stay? The wedding itself is in the Ocean's Edge Resort. The B&G were able to reserve a block of rooms at the resort itself, but they require a 3-night minimum, and my wife and I can only stay for 2-nights, so trying to look for other options.

Ideally, we would want to be as close to the Ocean's Edge Resort and possibly the cape cod area as well so we can enjoy a day by the beach and shopping/food perhaps?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Brewster is actually ON Cape Cod. It's a very nice an quaint down on the Mid-Cape. The Chatham Bars Inn is very nice and is only about 15-20 minutes from Ocean Edge. The nightly rates may be high but it is a popular place. There are plenty of hotels in Hyannis as well like the Cape Codder. You're looking at about a 30 minute drive to Brewster from Hyannis.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,640,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
There are a handful of wonderful inns in Brewster. I've lived there for 30 years. The closest to Ocean Edge would be the Old Sea Pines Inn. It's a lovely old inn and has been owned by the current owners for about 30 years. http://oldseapinesinn.com

Chillingsworth is a little closer, but is higher priced. Chillingsworth Restaurant: Four Star French Fine Dining

The Bramble Inn is another wonderful little inn, quite tony and flush with special amenities. The Bramble Inn, Cape Cod. Fine dining and accommodations

A little further up the road (1/2 mile at most) is the Captain Freeman Inn. Very highly appointed. http://captainfreemaninn.com

And one more, last, but by no means least:

Cape Cod Bed and Breakfast • Brewster Bed and Breakfast • Brewster Lodging • Brewster Inn | Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod A very old inn with a wonderful setting and full of charm throughout.

If I can assist you with any further information on the town or things to see and do, please feel free to drop me a private message. Brewster is a beautiful town, halfway down Cape Cod on the north side, which is scenic and quieter than the southern side of the Cape.

You didn't mention what month you're attending the wedding. Traffic could be an issue depending on the month.
Thanks for the links, I will check them out! The wedding is the 29th of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
^You may be able to get a cottage in a nearby neighborhood for two nights. We used to rent on Ellis Landing Road which is right next to Ocean Edge. We used to walk down the beach to the resort. My family owns a home now just a short distance away on the same beach. There are tons of rental options. I don't know many hotel/motels right in that area though. I think the advice to call and ask if they can accommodate you for two nights is good. Give it a shot, it can't hurt.
I called them and already and they said it was a 3-night minimum because they consider that weekend a holiday weekend and there appears to be a soccer tournament in the next town over as well. The guy I spoke with said I can stay for 1 night or 3 nights but would be the same price (not very friendly in my opinion), but that is why I am looking for other options. I would prefer to stay there since the wedding is being held at the mansion, but I am not going to pay for nights when I won't be there.

I've also looked at some cottages and vacation rentals which were close by, but they are a little bigger than what I need. Most of the ones I came across were 3-bedrooms or more with kitchens, and we really don't need that much space.

B&B is our next choice, but just need to find a nice one that is close to the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Brewster is actually ON Cape Cod. It's a very nice an quaint down on the Mid-Cape. The Chatham Bars Inn is very nice and is only about 15-20 minutes from Ocean Edge. The nightly rates may be high but it is a popular place. There are plenty of hotels in Hyannis as well like the Cape Codder. You're looking at about a 30 minute drive to Brewster from Hyannis.
I was hoping for something a little closer to the resort. 30 minutes seems a little too far for me. Since I am unfamiliar with the neighborhood, not sure if I want to drive for 30 minutes to find my way back after the wedding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts