Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 07:37 AM

23 posts, read 83,195 times

Advertisements

My family and I are considering relocating to the New England area; we've vacationed in Mass for years and really love the area, but are a bit overwhelmed when thinking about possibly relocating. Can anyone suggest cities/towns we might be interested in checking out? Our family consists of: myself and my husband, both in our early 30's, no children yet but we hope to have a family eventually, my sister who is in her mid-20's, and my Dad, who is retired. My husband works in the medical field as a radiology tech and my sister and I run a daycare/preschool in Ohio currently and hope to open another wherever we move. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

~Kristen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 03:45 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
I suggest Arlington, which is a town next to Cambridge and on the bus line to Cambridge/Boston, and a subway line for the same. Arlington is a quiet, family oriented town that also has a lot of seniors. A very nice community, but very very close to opportunities and activities, both job and recreational. Car dependence depends on where you want to go, but you'd be far less dependent than you'd be on some town in the middle of the state or such. It sounds like you have multi-generational needs (or will have them) and it seems it'd be best to live somewhere that offers something to everyone's place in life.
Best wishes in your search.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 PM

23 posts, read 83,195 times
Thanks so much! I'll google Arlington and see what they have to offer!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:09 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Burlington is also nice, that's where Lahey Clinic is in case your husband consider's applying there for work. It's a huge hospital right next to the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts